ALERT: Buddy 50 & 125's in Atlanta!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

golfingirl

ALERT: Buddy 50 & 125's in Atlanta!

Post by golfingirl »

Now, you've all heard my rants about waiting a month for my Buddy 125 (which I have now and <3). The dealer I bought my Buddy from either lost or gave up their relationship with Genuine. Fortunately, another dealer has picked up supplying the Buddy! Yeah! Spread the word so I can share my Buddy love with others in Atlanta. I stopped by Twist 'n' Scoot today on Piedmont Road (by Fat Matt's Rib Shack) to check out some gear and to my surprise and delight, found Buddy's on their lot. :wha: They have pink, orange & cream on their lot. I saw both 50's & 125's. They were just starting up a pink 50 for the first time and haven't even tested it out yet. Get 'em while their hot! The guy working there was nice and when I told him I had a Buddy... he was shocked. I have the only one in Atlanta so far. He was quick to offer servicing my Buddy for me and made sure I knew the accessories were coming in soon!

http://www.twistnscoot.com/location.htm

I really should get commission! :wink:
PS. The ribs were delish!
Laura
scooterguy863

Post by scooterguy863 »

i have been to twist and go a few times i am looking to get something smaller then my people 250 but with a different look then my vino125 so i need to check them out
s_check

Twist n scoot Atlanta

Post by s_check »

These guys really rubbed me the wrong way on my visit there last week. They had 3 Buddy's out in the parking lot on Piedmont to showcase. And a pile of TGBs set up behind them as well as in the store. When I asked them to test drive the Buddy 125, they said they didn't have a demo, but that I could test drive a TGB & that it didn't matter b/c they really all ride "pretty much the same". Is this common scootbiz practice?

First impression is that they are nuts...do I test drive a Honda if I want to buy a Subaru?

Upon further review, their store is stocked to their eyeballs in boring TGBs priced at $1899 for 50cc & $2499 for a $150cc model. The Buddy 125s were marked up to $2599 (wtf?), and they really didn't have much interest in selling one, as they didn't have much to say about them... I think they increased the price to show the TGB models as a better value. Seemed like they only have interest in marketing & unloading their high-volume, slow moving, TGBs.

Not real friendly folk...but they love to talk about the TGBs :roll:
s_check

Twist n scoot

Post by s_check »

I may drive up to Chatanooga for the rally this weekend & pick one up at the dealer up there.

Question:
Does Twist n Scoot have to honor the warranty locally even if I buy it in Chatanooga?

Any other ideas of how to get a Buddy in Atlanta as MotoBravo (much more helpful people than TnS) doesnt carry Genuine anymore?
vitaminC

Re: Twist n scoot

Post by vitaminC »

s_check wrote: Question:
Does Twist n Scoot have to honor the warranty locally even if I buy it in Chatanooga?
Yes, the warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the dealer, so it doesn't matter which dealer you have do the work.
s_check

chatanooga choo choo

Post by s_check »

thanks!

the dealer in TN said they're having a rally & $100 off msrp on any new scooter this weekend. Sound like good people on the phone.

How does sales tax work if you buy a scooter out of State? Do you pay it when you register in your home state? Does it work the same way if you buy one used locally? Pay the tax, when registered??
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Sorry to hear about your experience with Twist 'n' Scoot. That definitely is NOT normal practice in the scooter-biz. All their scooters there are marked up over MSRP. That's one reason I went to Moto Bravo actually. Twist 'n' Scoot had their Vino 50cc for $2300 which I though was overpriced.

Although, when I was there, the guy was very nice to me and offered to service my Buddy for me. I opted to have my service done at Moto Bravo, where i bought it because it is 3 blocks from my house and despite the difficulites getting a Buddy for me, they were nice to deal with. They have a real clean shop with mechanics back there that obviously love scooters.

I say buy it where you want because where you have it serviced won't matter... as long as you have it serviced! Buy yours in Chattanooga and have it serviced at Moto Bravo is what I say!

Let me know when you get it if you want to go for a ride together!

Cheers,
Laura
dru_

Post by dru_ »

I too went to Twist-n-Scoot, looking for a Buddy. The sales people there are partial to the TGB's without question, and really want to sell them. I'm leaning towards a Buddy 125 as my first scooter, I've been riding a borrowed taiwainese 50cc for a few weeks to see if I'd use it, or if it just seemed like a good idea :-). I'm enjoying it, so now I'm serious about grabbing one. Twist and Scoot is the only Atl dealer, and my experience there isn't exactly compelling :-(. It doesn't help that I'm in Alpharetta, and getting to and from Piedmont has a fairly high stress level.

My concerns are over the clear preference for the TGB's., and long term service, and of course the inflated prices bug me, but I'll have to deal with that, since I don't have a truck I can haul up to Chatt to haul back from there.
s_check

unionize in Atlanta!

Post by s_check »

ok, so we have limited options here in Atlanta. We need to strengthen in #...Ahhh, the power of the internet.
what do you say we get a few people of buddy interest together here in Atlanta & make an aggressive cash-offer to TnS for several buddies?....say $2500 cash (or less??) out the door price. I bet if we get 4 or more people that band together for a $10k transaction we could make some headway.

or we could all rent a truck & head up to Chatanooga this weekend. I'm game.

Steve
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Good luck guys. I was $2900 cash out the door (by myself mind you) and I had to wait a month! But, TnS has some stock. I think the dealers here need to wake up and realize there is demand for new products. Let me know how it works out for you guys.

Cheers,
Laura
dru_

Post by dru_ »

Right now, I'm probably going to go with a Buddy 125 as soon as the rear box is available, which last I heard was sometime in the next couple of weeks. Headed up to get my M permit today, and my MSF class is already scheduled.