Stella thread on MV

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Stella thread on MV

Post by ericalm »

There's quite a lively thread on the 4T Stellas going on over at ModernVespa—4 pages and still going.

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic60655

I'm actually kind of surprised by how positive and enthused most of the members are. I figured there's be a lot of naysayers complaining about the top speed or making the inevitable but inaccurate Bajaj 4T comparison. There's been some of that but for the most part, people are expressing some serious scooter lust!

I need to send them all over here. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I somehow associate the new 4T Stella with a colonoscopy: I can see the need for it, but it doesn't make me enthusiastic about it.
PHC

Post by PHC »

That was a great analogy. . . .
SD Knights SC
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

PeterC wrote:I somehow associate the new 4T Stella with a colonoscopy: I can see the need for it, but it doesn't make me enthusiastic about it.
Colonoscopy: something rather unpleasant no one wants.

Stella 4T: Something you don't want, in no way necessary for you, easily avoided without harm.

I'm not saying you should be enthused about it, but I fail to see how that would put it on a par with something undeniably dreadful that (almost) no one looks forward to despite its benefits.

Those of us who are enthused about it have plenty of valid reasons to feel that way.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

PeterC wrote:I somehow associate the new 4T Stella with a colonoscopy: I can see the need for it, but it doesn't make me enthusiastic about it.
Wow....that's a stretch (but I see your point!) but at the end of the day those which are enthusiastic about it will be so, and those that aren't ( the minority I suspect ) will continue to be so.

A 4T Stella is a sign of significant progress in the scootering world (at least in the US) and that is encouraging to me.

Phil and his team at Genuine will continue to impress with great product (not ALL of it do I care for, but great vehicles nonetheless) and superior marketing acumen. I don't believe anyone can be anything but enthusiastic about that...