Advice needed

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Nickie McNichols

Advice needed

Post by Nickie McNichols »

A friend is looking for two 50cc scooters. She has found one, a Yamaha Vino, in perfect condition for 800 bucks. She is looking for another. Assuming we can find one, ow much should she expect to pay for a used 50cc Buddy?
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

About $1,100 give or take. Depends on year, mileage, length of riding season, etc.
a n g e l a

Post by a n g e l a »

Have u thought about a honda ruckus? Here in cali theyre $1500 and below for '08 and '09 with super low miles.

You can find older ones for less than a grand easy but u have to watch for them to pop up on craigslist and such.

I love how they look and they have tons of mods available. Fun lil ride but quickly I felt I needed more speed and

just upgraded from the ruckus to my '06 125cc buddy. A steal at $1300
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The used market is really weird right now. There are a lot of people who need cash in a hurry or are relocating and eager to sell so those who are patient and tenacious can find some incredible deals.

At the same time, from what I've seen out here, sellers who are patient can usually get slightly less than or close to "usual" prices for used scoots.

The demand for 50s varies a lot by location. They don't do well here in LA because they're not as practical for city traffic and riding conditions so resale values may be lower here. Also, the supply of used 50s will be lower here because they don't do so well new.

$800 is a pretty good deal on that Vino. If that's reflective of the used scooter market there, you should be able to find another decent 50 (though maybe not a Buddy) in that range.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

picked up mine for 800, but he was motivated by a baby on the way. he wanted 12 hundred
Nickie McNichols

Post by Nickie McNichols »

Thanks!