Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stella 4T video

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Stella 4T video Reply with quote

Okay, not a Stella but an LML Star. Same thing.



More pics here.

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
Anachronism
Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 524
Location: Colorado Springs
2008 Buddy 50 (70), 2009 Stella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's freaking LOUD.

I like how he almost clipped the motorcycle taking off.

Is it prototype or production?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

Here's the interesting part:
Quote:
I don't think my crap camera microphone helped but yes it is different to the 2t inasmuch as its is about the same volume (has passed max drive by volume test) but a much lower tone so it can give the impression of loudness. That version was carubrated with a standard muffler box, the one we will get will be injected with a better setup. The 125-150-200 will be avaialbe next year, the 250 jota engine as a spare part. They won't stick it in a scooter presently as they are nervous over sales figures. suck it and see. All of them have a longer wheelbase though for stability.
2T STILL TO BE MADE UNTIL 2012.
in 2011 the 4t will be available with cvt transmission

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
scooterjon
Banned


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 75

Broken buddy 150. Vespa P200E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this thread has not gotten any attention. Is there any interest in this vehicle? Also what is taking the carb test sooooo long?

Jon

Yawn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooterjon wrote:
Wow this thread has not gotten any attention. Is there any interest in this vehicle? Also what is taking the carb test sooooo long?

Jon

Yawn

Probably because I put it in the Stella forum. not General Discussions.

There's a LOT of interest in the 4T Stella.

As far as CARB—they just take forever. We still don't have the Symba here! That's why Genuine was smart to send the Stella to CARB so far in advance of its debut next year.

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
scooterjon
Banned


Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 75

Broken buddy 150. Vespa P200E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Confused from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj

Jon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooterjon wrote:
Really Confused from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj.

This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj! Genuine has been working on this for years now and was pretty committed to bringing a really good scooter to the US. I know earlier versions from LML didn't meet their performance expectations so were rejected. This is really something totally new and different, not just a 4T crammed into the back of a P clone.

It obviously won't perform the same as the 2T but may have other advantages. I'm hoping for different but as good.

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
laxer
Member


Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 1169
Location: The Rocky Mountains
Rattler Buck-Ten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

Here's the interesting part:
Quote:
I don't think my crap camera microphone helped but yes it is different to the 2t inasmuch as its is about the same volume (has passed max drive by volume test) but a much lower tone so it can give the impression of loudness. That version was carubrated with a standard muffler box, the one we will get will be injected with a better setup. The 125-150-200 will be avaialbe next year, the 250 jota engine as a spare part. They won't stick it in a scooter presently as they are nervous over sales figures. suck it and see. All of them have a longer wheelbase though for stability.
2T STILL TO BE MADE UNTIL 2012.
in 2011 the 4t will be available with cvt transmission


Wow, so all these people joking about "it should come in 150, 200, 250, in 4t and 2t, auto and manual, hahaha" weren't that far off. I would buy a Stella now if I had the scratch, but the possibility of a 250? Craziness, wonder how that would stack up against Genuine's new super vintage styled cruiser.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laxer wrote:
ericalm wrote:
They say the it's as loud as the 2T, but with a lower tone.

Here's the interesting part:
Quote:
I don't think my crap camera microphone helped but yes it is different to the 2t inasmuch as its is about the same volume (has passed max drive by volume test) but a much lower tone so it can give the impression of loudness. That version was carubrated with a standard muffler box, the one we will get will be injected with a better setup. The 125-150-200 will be avaialbe next year, the 250 jota engine as a spare part. They won't stick it in a scooter presently as they are nervous over sales figures. suck it and see. All of them have a longer wheelbase though for stability.
2T STILL TO BE MADE UNTIL 2012.
in 2011 the 4t will be available with cvt transmission


Wow, so all these people joking about "it should come in 150, 200, 250, in 4t and 2t, auto and manual, hahaha" weren't that far off. I would buy a Stella now if I had the scratch, but the possibility of a 250? Craziness, wonder how that would stack up against Genuine's new super vintage styled cruiser.

Who knows if we'll ever see those versions here… or if LML is even going to make them? The guy who originally posted that info says he got it from LML, but that still doesn't mean it's reliable. Piaggio/Vespa is coming back to India next year and Honda is stepping up its production so that may mean LML will be introducing more models to compete.

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
Norm
Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 5
Location: Belgium / France
2009 LML Star 150 2T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK distributor who made that video is apparently expecting a 4T demonstrator to be available at his shop next month (November)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Rippinyarn
Member


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 653
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Genuine Stella Auto Vespa Rally 180 Honda CTX700 SYM Symba MZ TS 250

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
scooterjon wrote:
Really Confused from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj.

This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj!


I'm interested in hearing about your troubles with your Bajaj's. Tell me about them and maybe I can help. I have a grey market 2002 Legend that is supposed to be one of the worst and I've had pretty good luck with it (until recently - http://www.examiner.com/x-3223-Detroit-Scooter-Examiner~y2009m10d21-Bajaj-breakdown-part-3 ) and a lot of people I know are pretty happy with their "curry tractors". Elegant, they ain't but torque is a wonderful thing.

I can't wait for the 4t Stella as well. One should always get another scooter.

_________________
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website
ericalm
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 17637
Location: Los Angeles, CA
STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rippinyarn wrote:
ericalm wrote:
scooterjon wrote:
Really Confused from the looks of things it seems rather dry. Seems like a decent scoot however if it anything like the Bajai Chetak count me out. To many issue with the Bajaj.

This is a frequent refrain in discussions of the 4T Stella. Thing is, this isn't a Bajaj!


I'm interested in hearing about your troubles with your Bajaj's. Tell me about them and maybe I can help. I have a grey market 2002 Legend that is supposed to be one of the worst and I've had pretty good luck with it (until recently - http://www.examiner.com/x-3223-Detroit-Scooter-Examiner~y2009m10d21-Bajaj-breakdown-part-3 ) and a lot of people I know are pretty happy with their "curry tractors". Elegant, they ain't but torque is a wonderful thing.

I can't wait for the 4t Stella as well. One should always get another scooter.

Whether earned or not, the 150cc 4T Bajaj scoots somehow gained a negative rep in the US over the years. They come up every time the 4T Stella is discussed.

The most frequent complaint I hear about them is that they're slow. There's some truth to this. The ones I've ridden with didn't have a lot off the line and had a top speed of about 55mph. A number of people have told me the later years that were sold here had a lot of quality problems—cheap parts, poor electrical. I can't really speak to how accurate that may be.

_________________
Eric // Flickr group // LA Scooter Meetup Group // twitter: @scooterism // ScooterFile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.