Keys Left in Vespa

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pinkfaith

Keys Left in Vespa

Post by pinkfaith »

Anyone know a dark blue Vespa owner that parks on the corner of Folsom and First in San Francisco? He/she (I am guessing she since there are so many keys) left her keys in the ignition this morning. We left a note in the helmet that is attached to the scooter and have the keys up at our office for the owner. Hope she sees the note and gets them. It must be so scary to think you've lost your entire set of keys!
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Re: Keys Left in Vespa

Post by Portland_Rider »

pinkfaith wrote:Anyone know a dark blue Vespa owner that parks on the corner of Folsom and First in San Francisco? He/she (I am guessing she since there are so many keys) left her keys in the ignition this morning. We left a note in the helmet that is attached to the scooter and have the keys up at our office for the owner. Hope she sees the note and gets them. It must be so scary to think you've lost your entire set of keys!

Have you posted this news on Modern Vespa?
myras_girls

Post by myras_girls »

I found some Beemer (motorcycle) keys in the elevator of the building I worked in once. I put a note on the only Beemer in the parking lot at the time I found the keys and turned the keys into the main office lost and found. I hope the person got the keys.

My friend left her keys in her scoot at an amusement park in Denver. Oh man! Some person took the keys out of the ignition and left them in the front basket.
<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/killerbee ... b/">Killer Bees Scooter Club</a> Fort Collins, CO
TVB

Post by TVB »

When I visited Mackinac Island, I absent-mindedly left the keys in my scooter at the ferry dock in St Ignace. I discovered this on the ferry ride over, when I reached into my pocket for the little Swiss army knife my keys were attached to, and couldn't find it. Fortunately the ferry staff on the Island were willing to radio the office on the mainland, and they sent someone to the parking lot to retrieve my keys and keep them in the office until I got back that evening.
brape

Post by brape »

pinkfaith wrote:Anyone know a dark blue Vespa owner that parks on the corner of Folsom and First in San Francisco? He/she (I am guessing she since there are so many keys) left her keys in the ignition this morning. We left a note in the helmet that is attached to the scooter and have the keys up at our office for the owner. Hope she sees the note and gets them. It must be so scary to think you've lost your entire set of keys!
WTF, girls have more keys? I have one set of keys with 3 keys on it for my scooter and a set with 4 on it for the rest of life.
TVB

Post by TVB »

brape wrote:WTF, girls have more keys? I have one set of keys with 3 keys on it for my scooter and a set with 4 on it for the rest of life.
You still have me beat: 2 house keys (front and back), a car key, a scooter key, a scooter lock key, and an office key. In olden days when life was simpler and (mostly) better (except for no scooter), I used to get by with 1 house key, 1 car key, and 1 office key. {sigh} But the people I've known with the most keys have always been the guys in Maintenance.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

brape wrote:WTF, girls have more keys? I have one set of keys with 3 keys on it for my scooter and a set with 4 on it for the rest of life.
I thought that was an unlikely statement myself. It is usually guys that I notice walking around with these great big rings of keys clipped to their belt or a belt loop on their jeans.
MrsLatch

Post by MrsLatch »

my husband makes fun of the size of my keys, but its not actual keys (i just have my scooter key, lock key, and house key) its because i keep the card to get into my building and all the discount cards for stores on my keys and a key chain. so its kinda of a mini bundle
pinkfaith

Post by pinkfaith »

Maybe I am thinking of girl's key chains with all da bling on them, then again I have a teenage niece and key chain is all the rage...

I felt bad for the girl (it turned out to be a girl), there were at least 6 keys on it. I called Vespa SF because her license plate holder had their number on it, of course we left a note, AND I posted on an S.F.'s women's scooter club's yahoo group. Even checked craigslist all day.

Just as I was leaving for work, there she was looking for her keys in her purse. Said she's done it a few times. I am glad she was there, perfect timing. I just felt bad for her. How much would that suck to loose all your keys at once? No scooter key, no house key, and no whatever else the other keys were. That is why I keep an extra house key at work. Just in case, at least I can always take a cab home and know I can get inside. I almost reported it to 311 or even thought about unlocking it and putting it in the loading dock so she wouldn't get a ticket.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

pinkfaith wrote:thought about unlocking it and putting it in the loading dock so she wouldn't get a ticket.
Not to open a 'can of worms' on that but I'd be afraid that'll be more trouble! Get YOU into trouble. Suspected theft.
Heck with losing things, I'm suprised she wasn't paniced ALL day!! I HATE losing things! I wouldda noticed my keys missing right away.
I once locked my keys in my jacket pocket in my pet carrier.
I do try hardest to simplify things, I typically only carry 2 keys at a time. Both scoots have their own key ring, color matched cause I'm a dork, scoot key and house key. Car the same, all the house doors are keyed alike.
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

Im still trying to adjust to city life, In my home town everyone left their keys in their vehicles, tractors, etc.

We left our house doors unlocked and windows open, but then again I was related to everyone in the town. Which caused quite a few awkward moments while dating in high school. AKA "Hey mom, I asked this girl out is she related to us?" :lol: sigh
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Dooglas wrote:
I thought that was an unlikely statement myself. It is usually guys that I notice walking around with these great big rings of keys clipped to their belt or a belt loop on their jeans.
Power thing. A couple of guys here at work seemed to be in competition for the most keys until they were told that the one with the real power didn't have to carry any keys, they were doing it for him. :shock:
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Post by Portland_Rider »

pinkfaith wrote:Maybe I am thinking of girl's key chains with all da bling on them, then again I have a teenage niece and key chain is all the rage...

I felt bad for the girl (it turned out to be a girl), there were at least 6 keys on it. I called Vespa SF because her license plate holder had their number on it, of course we left a note, AND I posted on an S.F.'s women's scooter club's yahoo group. Even checked craigslist all day.

Just as I was leaving for work, there she was looking for her keys in her purse. Said she's done it a few times. I am glad she was there, perfect timing. I just felt bad for her. How much would that suck to loose all your keys at once? No scooter key, no house key, and no whatever else the other keys were. That is why I keep an extra house key at work. Just in case, at least I can always take a cab home and know I can get inside. I almost reported it to 311 or even thought about unlocking it and putting it in the loading dock so she wouldn't get a ticket.

pinkfaith,

You did great! As a scooter rider, I appreciate how you went out of your way to look after the keys of another rider posting notices online and contacting the local Vespa shop.

Your comment about the greater number of keys probably belonging to a girl was, I assume, simply based on your personal observations of people. No big deal either way. And we all have our own unique experiences in life which we use to make assumptions (which we all do).

BTW, I suspect that if you had instead written that because of the large number of keys on the ring it probably belongs to a man, no one would have commented either way.

Cheers.
Last edited by Portland_Rider on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVB

Post by TVB »

DennisD wrote:Power thing. A couple of guys here at work seemed to be in competition for the most keys until they were told that the one with the real power didn't have to carry any keys, they were doing it for him. :shock:
Think about it: in a typical business, who are the employees who carry the most keys? Years ago, I was feeling kind of cocky about the fact that my employer had given me (a computer tech) a key that let me into just about every room on campus... until someone explained that the reason it was stamped with a "J" was because it was the key issued to... the janitors.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I have key sets... One set for my each of the 3 scoots we own, 1 set for my car, 1 set for my wife's car and one set for the house ... this way the ignition of the scoot doesn't have a lot of keys and weight dangling and bumping into it as I ride. The weight thing is a hold over from the old days when I first learned to drive and the ignition on my dad's Ford didn't care for lots of weight on it.

But it does mean I have a bunch of keys with me... but those are generally in my pet carrier or my tank bag which holds a camera, phone and other things I may need...
paige

Post by paige »

I keep separate key rings. I only take whatever keys I am using that day. Scooter and house keys, car and house keys or car, house and mom's house key. This system works for me because I don't worry about losing anything and the key for any given vehicle is available to whomever needs it at home. (Multiple scooters and cars.)
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

I recall running through town in a panic to get to my scoot because I realized I'd left my keys in the ignition. And believe me, it takes an emergency to get me to run (MS and general sloth).
so tough, so pink