Scooters getting more popular!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OkieBuddy

Scooters getting more popular!

Post by OkieBuddy »

I thought this video was good about scooters on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeqGpmh3SdM&NR
Jim
macgawd

Post by macgawd »

Awesome!

I'm seeing more and more scoots around town every day, and I feel so depressed, because I can't afford to buy one yet!!! :cry:

Michael
sparty

Post by sparty »

man, I wish we have a local scooter club in my area. I think we have some bike clubs around, but I'm sure my scooter is not welcome there...
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Thanks for sharing that story. Hang in there Michael, you'll have your scooter soon. I paid $2900 up front for my Buddy and then waited a month for it to come in stock. That made me nervous! :wha: :wha: Now I have it and am loving being part of the culture. Although, sadly, I am the only Buddy owner (most likely) in ATL. I parked beside a red Vespa at the coffee shop today and was snubbed. :evil: This is one city that labels mean everything... drives me insane! :livid: :livid: I <3 my Buddy.
Laura
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

macgawd wrote:Awesome!

I'm seeing more and more scoots around town every day, and I feel so depressed, because I can't afford to buy one yet!!! :cry:

Michael
Same here.
Bet the price of fuel has something to do with it.
We even have a Corbin Sparrow running around here.
Last edited by Beamie on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macgawd

Post by macgawd »

golfingirl wrote: I parked beside a red Vespa at the coffee shop today and was snubbed. :evil: This is one city that labels mean everything... drives me insane! :livid: :livid: I <3 my Buddy.
Yeah, there's a scooter club here in Chattanooga, and they only allow "metal" scooters, i.e., Vespas, Stellas, and the like. Their website states something to the fact that plastic is "for losers". It's definitely a clique atmosphere among many scooter clubs, but I ain't buying one to make friends. People like that can..well, you know... :twisted:

Michael
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

macgawd wrote:
golfingirl wrote: I parked beside a red Vespa at the coffee shop today and was snubbed. :evil: This is one city that labels mean everything... drives me insane! :livid: :livid: I <3 my Buddy.
Yeah, there's a scooter club here in Chattanooga, and they only allow "metal" scooters, i.e., Vespas, Stellas, and the like. Their website states something to the fact that plastic is "for losers". It's definitely a clique atmosphere among many scooter clubs, but I ain't buying one to make friends. People like that can..well, you know... :twisted:

Michael
But you have $1700 more in your pocket than they do.
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

macgawd wrote:Yeah, there's a scooter club here in Chattanooga, and they only allow "metal" scooters, i.e., Vespas, Stellas, and the like. Their website states something to the fact that plastic is "for losers". It's definitely a clique atmosphere among many scooter clubs, but I ain't buying one to make friends.
Be sure you smile and wave nicely as you breeze past them on your plastic BUDDY :wink:
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

macgawd wrote: Yeah, there's a scooter club here in Chattanooga, and they only allow "metal" scooters, i.e., Vespas, Stellas, and the like. Their website states something to the fact that plastic is "for losers".
Michael
Funny, my neighbor's $22,000 BWM motorbike is covered in plastic.
tomstaggs

Post by tomstaggs »

BWM = Bavarion Wonder Moter ??
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

tomstaggs wrote:BWM = Bavarion Wonder Moter ??
Not when I rode one.
ellen

Post by ellen »

BMW = Break My Wallet or Break My Window

I used to own a 528I.. Oy vey.. I'm sure I put my mechanics kids though college .... Now I only buy Japanese (cars that is) :)
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

ellen wrote:
BMW = Break My Wallet or Break My Window

I used to own a 528I.. Oy vey.. I'm sure I put my mechanics kids though college .... Now I only buy Japanese (cars that is) :)
Agree with that.
It's a one way street. Over priced and no resale value.
That's the price of being snobby.
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

Here in Cincinnati,OH we have an awesome scooter club. Check it out at

http://tenyearlates.com/ver2/

There are steel and plastic scooters, modern and retro. There's the usual ribbing at one another but it is a group that really does welcome everyone regardless of their ride. We have a scheduled ride every Wednesday and usually someone will host other rides during the week. Bars/restaurants beg us to come to their place on Wednesday and offer free food in order to get us there. It really is something to see and be a part of. I hope those of you who don't have a club can work on something like this.
tomstaggs

New Scooter

Post by tomstaggs »

I was reading the responses a couple days ago and someone mentioned that someone could wait until the new 150cc scooter came out. It was also named with a B at the beginning. Have I missed an announcement of a new scooter coming out by Genuine? I have not been able to find the message again. What is it's name. I am heavy and tall and need a little bigger machine than the Buddy to be comfortable.

Thanks
ts
sparty

Re: New Scooter

Post by sparty »

[quote="tomstaggs"]I was reading the responses a couple days ago and someone mentioned that someone could wait until the new 150cc scooter came out. It was also named with a B at the beginning. Have I missed an announcement of a new scooter coming out by Genuine? I have not been able to find the message again. What is it's name. I am heavy and tall and need a little bigger machine than the Buddy to be comfortable.

Thanks
ts[/quote]

The name is Blur. Not sure what type of scooter it will be.
FormerStella

Post by FormerStella »

There's an endurance race around Lake Erie, and it was WON by a pink Buddy in the category for its size. Maybe if these classic/metal scooter snots knew anything about scooters, they would bow down to the awesomeness that is the Buddy.
"But not a real green dress, that's cruel!"