Stella VS Buddy size comparison

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Buddy_wannabe

Stella VS Buddy size comparison

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

How much more room does the Stella then the Bud? (foot room / seating position / passenger ) I have only seen one Stella from a distence.
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Larger, on all three counts. The Stella is also rated for 500+ pounds, where the Buddy is rated for carrying >300 pounds.
ModBud #442
hairball

Post by hairball »

We have both...
For solo riding, The buddy (blackjack) is much easier to ride all the way around, I have been riding all sorts of motorcycles for 30 years, I sold a ktm 625 supermoto to buy my Blackjack.

The BJ is a solo ride but the wife and I have doubled on it fairly comfortable, Together we weigh 280.

The Stella is a beautifully made retro scoot with all the charm and quirks of the old world - manual shift - 2 stroke - squishy brakes, It is not much heavier than the Buddy but to me it felt off balance " heavy on the right side" The wife doesn't seem to notice :shock:

On the 2 mile brick road by our home the Stella smoothes out the ride much better than the buddy.

After riding both, I enjoy the Buddy for its simplicity and performance and the Stella for her charm... But she does have a steeper learning curve.

As far as foot room the Stella has more, I am use to riding sport bikes so I ride the buddy with my feet on the passenger plates in a tucked position...

Honestly, I am still not use to the riding position on a scooter, It just feels too... simple, I am use to my feet having a purpose- Braking/shifting, Doing nothing is just weird... but I would not change it for the world, Just love riding my scooter :D
Last edited by hairball on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

hairball wrote:We have both...
... I have been riding all sorts of motorcycles for 30 years, I sold a ktm 625 supermoto to buy my Blackjack.
Wow...do you mind saying why? Love the KTMs.

And B_w, the Stella is a lot more comfortable 2-up in my opinion, and the suspension is so much more soft...it's really bouncy. Give me potholes on my P anyday over the Buddy.
hairball

Post by hairball »

I loved my KTM but the scooter has more storage... Really, I'm not kidding, That was my main reason for buying a scooter.

I love running to the store without a backpack on.

I owned the KTM since 2004, It was a great bike and she loved to wheely :twisted: ... But, I have been to the track too much and racing is in my blood... Not good for city riding, The scooter forces me to tone it down.

When I put my feet on the passenger plates I can corner the buddy till hard parts drag which is still a lot of fun.

I would take off the center stand if I go to Deals Gap.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3Q/S ... g_7376.jpg