Frustrated by color choices

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

macgawd

Frustrated by color choices

Post by macgawd »

I'm totally jonsing for a Buddy, but won't be able to get one until at least the end of summer :cry: In the mean time, I have to live vicarously through all of you! One thing that frustrates me though is this: the limited choice of colors for the Buddy 125!

I really love the black Buddy, but I'm worried about visibility, especially in the evening. Being a man, I just can't see myself riding a pink one (no offense to any other men out there more secure than I am)! Orange would seem to be the best option, and I may go for that, except for one thing: I live in Tennessee, and I can't stand the Vols. If I buy an orange Buddy, I will inevitably be asked if I like UT, if I bought it because I'm a fan of UT, etc. I suppose I could endure that for the sake of safety, but I really wish there were other color options, like blue, green, red, white, etc.

I know some have a creme Buddy, and if I can lay my hands on one of those when I'm ready to buy, that will most definitely be my choice. Does anyone know how available the creme Buddy is/going to be?

Michael
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I would check with your dealer about the creme. I think you can still maintain your manhood on one and it is more visable than the black. In fact my husband who took the black one from me, really admires my creme one (which was released after the other colors). that is what he gets for taking the original one from me. I know what you mean about the Orange. I live in Cleveland and that orange/brown bike screams Browns. The creme really look nice in "person" too. Last I checked, the Cleveland shop still had sweet cremes. :D
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

peabody99 wrote:I would check with your dealer about the creme. I think you can still maintain your manhood on one and it is more visable than the black. In fact my husband who took the black one from me, really admires my creme one (which was released after the other colors). that is what he gets for taking the original one from me. I know what you mean about the Orange. I live in Cleveland and that orange/brown bike screams Browns. The creme really look nice in "person" too. Last I checked, the Cleveland shop still had sweet cremes. :D
Peabody99's comments gave me an idea for the Black Buddy. If you like the Black Buddy, but are concerned about nighttime visibility, you could go with some of these black reflective stick ons. In the daytime, they're black as can be, but let it get a little dark and shine a light on them and... well, go see for yourself on this page where they sell sheets of this stuff you can cut to suit your Buddy. Run your mouse over the photos of the stickers and you can see what they look like at night when a light hits them. Bright!
OkieBuddy

Checkered reflective tape belt

Post by OkieBuddy »

I own the black and silver buddy and at night wear a blue/white checkered reflective tape belt from shoulder to waist. My son-in-law got if for me from the local Air Force Base. They are required to wear them, while on base, to be highly visible.

It works great, my wife says she can see me quite well when following me, the checkered reflective tape shines with headlights, like stop signs do.

My grandson bought a set of lights (scooter shop) that shine when bumped/tilted and attached them to the back end of his scooter. It has a small mercury switch that lights up 6 or 7 red lights, when moving.

Having both sets of front blinkers really shines brightly at night in front. I have not had any problems so far traveling in city and country traffic, heavy and not.

Night visibility is very important and I understand your reservations about a black/silver buddy, I was going to get an orange one, but fell in love with the back/silver look.
Jim
macgawd

Re: Checkered reflective tape belt

Post by macgawd »

OkieBuddy wrote:Night visibility is very important and I understand your reservations about a black/silver buddy, I was going to get an orange one, but fell in love with the back/silver look.
I know what you mean. At the local scooter shop, I couldn't stop looking at the black Buddy--man, I wanted to take that thing home!

Michael
xkennx

Re: Frustrated by color choices

Post by xkennx »

macgawd wrote: I'm worried about visibility, especially in the evening.

Truthfully at night, the color of you scooter doesnt matter. All people can see are your headlight and taillights. Run a strip of reflective tape down the side and thats one of the best ways to be seen.

I was sideswiped in my crewcab nissan titan last month, if drivers are not looking they are not goingt o see you no matter what color or what size you are weither it be a 5 foot long scooter or a huge truck.
06 Gen Scooters Buddy 125 (sold)
05 Gen Scooters Stella w/sidecar (sold)
05 Vespa ET8
80 Vespa P200 w/ Polini 208
80 Vespa P200 w/ Malossi 210
74 Vespa Sprint 125
74 Vespa Primaveria 125 (broke)
56 Labretta LD 125 (sold)
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

We bought my husband the Cream Buddy 2 weeks ago and he really likes it. I say it's more of a French Vanilla color with a irridecent "fleck" in the paint. Pretty sharp actually. If they 'd had that when I got my Pink, I would have had a tough time choosing. :?
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
sparty

Post by sparty »

My dealer said he won't receive any creme Buddy's until September so I broke down and bought an orange one today. I wish they have red or blue or something... it is so hard to find an orange helmet...
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I was in my local scooter shop again earlier this week, showing a friend the Buddy (I think she is sold!) and Phil the owner said an Avacado color is rumored to be coming out. no details available at all on anything, ie when, seat color etc. oh the humanity!
ellen

Post by ellen »

peabody99 wrote:an Avacado color is rumored to be coming out. no details available at all on anything, ie when, seat color etc. oh the humanity!
Yuck.. Avocado reminds me of my moms puke green kitchen appliances from the 70's :bleh:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

ellen wrote:
peabody99 wrote:an Avacado color is rumored to be coming out. no details available at all on anything, ie when, seat color etc. oh the humanity!
Yuck.. Avocado reminds me of my moms puke green kitchen appliances from the 70's :bleh:
I dunno, done right, it has potential...
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

peabody99 wrote:I was in my local scooter shop again earlier this week, showing a friend the Buddy (I think she is sold!) and Phil the owner said an Avacado color is rumored to be coming out.
How about some accessories first :!:

Genuine... can ya hear me??
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
amym

more colors???

Post by amym »

I am pretty decided on the cream colored one, but I'd love to see what avacado would look like...or any other choices for that matter! I haven't seen or heard anything new so far...