Fiamm horn

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mlee10018

Fiamm horn

Post by mlee10018 »

I bought this Fiamm HF-90 horn from:

http://ridesafer.com/store/item/fpc1/Ho ... _Horn.html

And tired to install it but had this crazy thing happen. I pluged it in while the old horn was still attached and it was very loud, a bit louder than the original. So I proceeded to install it. But when I secured it and then tried it again, it would sound like a dead cow and not loud at all. I thought I messed something up so I uninstalled it and then tested it again, and it would be loud again. Everytime, I tighten the horn in place, the same sad sound would happen. The tighter I turn the bolt, the less loud it becomes! I really don't know what is going on??? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks, megen.
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

I think it's not as noticible as stock.
I wasted my $$ too.

I think what would be a great inprovement would be to either have a hole for the sound to escape or mount the horn outside of the enclosure.

It's just dumb to put it inside an enclosure.

With your observations, you can't tighten up on the bolt that runs through the center of the horn or you dampen it's resonance.
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

Beamie wrote:I think it's not as noticible as stock.
I wasted my $$ too.
I finally got it to work. I had to use the bracket that it came with and bend it around to fit into that space. I do think that it is a little louder and lower because of the low tone. I don't think that it is worth the money for a little improvement. I just don't know if I can fit the Stebel compact air horn into that space. Has anyone tried? I hear that it is really loud(which is good when you need it). I really want to try it out...

This place sells it with the wiring kit included:
http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?mai ... ucts_id=74