I got my Buddy... finally!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

golfingirl

I got my Buddy... finally!

Post by golfingirl »

After waiting a painful month for my Buddy to be 'special' ordered from my dealer, it has arrived. A brand-spanking new orange Buddy 125 was delivered yesterday and I brought her home. I love her! It is my first scooter so I am a bit nervous, but she feels stable and boy is she peppy! My orange Buddy appears different than the photos I have seen on forums. You see, I ordered it sight unseen as no one stocks Buddy's in Atlanta. A little risky perhaps, but so far I like her. My Buddy appears to have a tan-ish inside, not nearly as orange as I have seen in pictures. Also, it has a brown footmat, not black. It seems to match the brown grips and seat. She does look sharp though. Has anyone noticed these subtle differences? I know my scooter came from the second wave from the factory... hence the month wait. Now, if it would just stop raining, I could practice my moves! :D [/b]
Laura
ChicagoMatt

Post by ChicagoMatt »

Phil from Genuine told me a month ago about these changes. Can you please post pictures? I'd love to see how it looks. I'm still waiting for the Buddy 50 to come in.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!

Post by jrsjr »

Coolio! Glad it was worth the wait. Be careful in that crazy Atlanta traffic. If you can swing it, I'd like to see pix of the "second wave" orange Buddy. Thanks!

Again, Congratulations and Ride Safe!
Last edited by jrsjr on Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

As soon as the sun begins to shine, I'll snap some photos and post the. The rain did hold off long enough for me and my Buddy to enjoy some quality time together. I think we're going to be really good friends. :clown:
Laura
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

golfingirl wrote:As soon as the sun begins to shine, I'll snap some photos and post them. The rain did hold off long enough for me and my Buddy to enjoy some quality time together. I think we're going to be really good friends.
Great! It's incredibly gratifiying to recommend a product that makes folks as happy as the Buddy does.

Wear your riding gear and ride safe out there.

P.S. I'm originally from Decatur and used to commute from GA Tech to Decatur on a bike. That was a few years ago back in the... uh, I think they called it the Bronze Age. They tell me the traffic hasn't gotten a lot better, though. :D