WorldWide Scooter Tag

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

viney266

Post by viney266 »

I just want to be the 1,000th post in this thread!

:P
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

I know where one is, but I'm out of town for a couple more days if it can wait...
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I'm on it. Off work tomorrow, so I'll get an alternate

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

But I think Quezzie can get the original one in a few days, per the above post?
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Alright. I've got one ready. I'll give Quezzie til Thursday afternoon. I'm surprised this one has been so difficult. I've seen these things on billboards and several businesses around this area.

Howard
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Back in town, and took the Buddy out this time!
Attachments
Outside the Coffee Exchange
Outside the Coffee Exchange
scootertag_tag.jpg (144 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Next tag: A 3/4-sized statue that stands outside Italian/pizza places. You know, with either the specials, or holding a pizza... Is there a name for those figures?
Attachments
Pizza cop.
Pizza cop.
scootertag_pizza.jpg (110.71 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

3/4? But not 5/8 or 1/3? How about Larger than life sized, say 5/4?

Howard
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

I'll be flexible on the exact proportions. ;)

They sort of creep me out actually, and I think it's because of that weird proportion difference combined with slight caricaturing.
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Thats a creepy statue.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I won't be going up there to get it, but how about something like Northern AZ University's Lumberjack Muffler Men?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Maximus53

Post by Maximus53 »

I just found a big bar code!!! Go figure the day after one gets posted..... :sigh:
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

I'm not sure, but I don't think I would like pizza half so well if the Italian places around here were guarded by creepy statuettes!
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

I can't have pizza at all (lactose intolerant, sigh). Lumberjack Muffler Man is awesome! But I think life-size or smaller for this.

One time, I found one of these statuettes in the restaurant's bathroom, about 1/2 size mustached man in chef clothes holding a pizza. CREEPY.
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

I'm still slightly new to this forum and I want to get in on the scooter tag photo fun. I'm confused.. I thought we had to have a certain 3 things in our photos, or did that change? Just want to know what I need to look for next time I take my Buddy out.
Syd

Post by Syd »

The three itme tag didn't last long before it took a month-long nap. Someone revived it with one thing only. It's been going with occasional fits and starts ever since. So hop on your Buddy, head over to a local restaurant with a creepy little less-than-life-size statue in front, then snap a picture of creepy-guy and your Buddy.

Then go out and find another tag. Simple as that. Best is to look back a couple pages and check the list of previously tagged items so that you don't copy something recently tagged.

Or just join in on the conversation. Not quite as much fun, but some of the tags get pretty entertaining.
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

Thanks! I'll be looking. Hopefully this rain clears up so that I can get out there and ride. This will be the third day in a row for me not scooting. Rain. Rain. Rain. :(
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Wow guess finding a creepy storefront statue is harder than I thought.
Maximus53

Post by Maximus53 »

scootavaran wrote:Wow guess finding a creepy storefront statue is harder than I thought.
I thought I knew of one, but when I went to get a pic yesterday, it was much bigger than I remembered....
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Now that I think about it... There's one here that's a clown. Would that work??

It scares me......
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

I say yes, that will work. Just so we can move onto something new. We don't have any around here that I know of and I want to play!!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I finally saw a storefront 'chef-y guy', but I was in the car at the time. Don't wait for me, but if I can get there on-scoot within the next day or two, I'll snag it.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Quezzie, that's Fellini's, right? Is it out all the time or only when the place is open? I could grab it on the way in to work but I don't want to ride "all the way over to the East Side" to find it's only out when they're open.
Quezzie

Post by Quezzie »

Clown is fine with me.

Yep, that's Fellini's. I'm pretty sure the guy is out there all the time, but don't quote me on it, and they don't open until 11 on weekdays. :( There's a store on Atwells a little ways past all the restaurants that's FULL of these little statuettes, just lining the windows, peering out. I call it the creepy statue depot and walk past it just to give myself the heebie jeebies, it's a goldmine.
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Quezzie wrote:Clown is fine with me.

Yep, that's Fellini's. I'm pretty sure the guy is out there all the time, but don't quote me on it, and they don't open until 11 on weekdays. :( There's a store on Atwells a little ways past all the restaurants that's FULL of these little statuettes, just lining the windows, peering out. I call it the creepy statue depot and walk past it just to give myself the heebie jeebies, it's a goldmine.
Well, i've got some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that restraunt no longer has that clown anymore...
The good news is that restraunt no longer has that clown anymore..

Sry but someone else is gonna have to find one.
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

I might be able to find something later this week if the weather is nice enough...
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Old tag
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

New tag: Your scooter with a blue United States Postal Service mailbox (extra points for graffiti-free)

PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Good one! I don't know about your 'hood, but we still have lotsa mailboxes....

(pardon, once again, the ancient cell cam...)

Next up - a scoot at an Archery Range:

Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks, siobhan, for getting us out of that little snowbank. Pete, I gotta admit, you found a tag unlike any other we've seen!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Well, yeah, Syd, being a latecomer to the game, I had to read the whole enchilada to see what hadn't been done yet. I've got a few other fun photos stored away. :D
Tam Tam

and a creepy tag, too

Post by Tam Tam »

So, I shot this tonite, - archery!
Attachments
in Texas, it's "Bowhuntin"
in Texas, it's "Bowhuntin"
bowhuntin.jpg (15.42 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Archery!
Archery!
big archery.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Tam Tam

scooted thru Silent Hill

Post by Tam Tam »

I got rained on while riding home, and was wondering what to shoot next when I spotted this on the street - a baby bottle - and I stress I did not set it up or move it. It was just sitting there, looking creepy, mostly because it was night out, like something from 'Silent Hill'

So then, a baby bottle off on it's own - TAG!!!
Attachments
spooooooky.....
spooooooky.....
baby bottle.jpg (14.06 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Syd

Post by Syd »

Is it always so dark where you live? :lol:
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Holy cow that's a fast bunch of tags!

Random baby bottle, eh? Am I going to have to ride around behind people pushing baby carriages in the hopes a child tosses his bottle into the street and no one notices?
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

siobhan wrote:Holy cow that's a fast bunch of tags!

Random baby bottle, eh? Am I going to have to ride around behind people pushing baby carriages in the hopes a child tosses his bottle into the street and no one notices?
Well, at the worry of holding up the game - how about just as long as one doesn't take a baby bottle from their hungry infant, run to the garage and snap a pic of it next to their scoot? After that, where/how you find a baby bottle in the outside world is up to you
SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

I probably got as close as anybody could today to the random baby bottle tag; I passed by an (unoccupied) baby car seat in the road. Unfortunately it was amongst a busy intersection so I elected not to try and get a picture.

And no babies in my house so I'm going to have to sit out even the revised tag.
<insert witty comment here>
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

Tam Tam wrote:
siobhan wrote:Holy cow that's a fast bunch of tags!

Well, at the worry of holding up the game - how about just as long as one doesn't take a baby bottle from their hungry infant, run to the garage and snap a pic of it next to their scoot? After that, where/how you find a baby bottle in the outside world is up to you
What if I take my hungry infant and her bottle and stick them on the scoot and take a photo? Ha.. my "infant" is almost 2 now.. I'm sure I have an old bottle lying around somewhere. Hmmm This is a tough one.
- Ally
thewifie

Post by thewifie »

I have been wanting to play this, but can't find a random bottle :cry:
When do we move on???!!!! Or is that the point, you don't move on till someone gets it :?:
Syd

Post by Syd »

The tag is a random baby bottle. Who would know if that random baby bottle came from the $.99 store? I'd not like to start a fad of tags-with-props, but finding a baby bottle on the side of the road is a pretty random event.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

With twin infants (hmm - twinfants?) in the house, I've got plenty of bottles. "Random" bottles? Not so much.

Howard
Syd

Post by Syd »

Ahh, think about it though, Howard. Tam Tam's tag could have been in the garage, for all we can tell from the pic.

You could carefully place a bottle in the gutter outside your house, and if the pic is tight enough, we souldn't know if it was taken in Tucson or Tucumcari. Tehachapi or Tonopah.
YaBoySL

Post by YaBoySL »

Is it time to move on? :P
thewifie

Post by thewifie »

Look what I found!! Will this work?
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (144.49 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
theflash784

Random Bottle

Post by theflash784 »

I don't know but t's a great picture. I like the wire basket you have on your rack.
thewifie

Post by thewifie »

I hope the pic "passes". I found the basket this weekend at HomeGoods. Marshall's had them too. 10 bucks!!
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

LOL well that is random.
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

Syd wrote:Ahh, think about it though, Howard. Tam Tam's tag could have been in the garage, for all we can tell from the pic.

You could carefully place a bottle in the gutter outside your house, and if the pic is tight enough, we souldn't know if it was taken in Tucson or Tucumcari. Tehachapi or Tonopah.
In my garage, where I have a stop sign, a curbed grassy lawn, a telephone pole and overhead powerlines and a fire hydrant across the street...
C'mon man, I thought the whole point of this tag was to find something odd whilst out riding, not to set up a prop photo. That was why I stressed I didn't set up the picture in anyway, not even setting the bottle up on it's end. I only pulled my scooter up close enough to get a picture.

I don't know, Syd. At the risk of being inflammatory, I feel as if you are calling into question my integrity, i.e. i set up the whole picture and claimed to have stumbled upon it. :?: [/i]
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

thewifie wrote:Look what I found!! Will this work?
I say...yes! A random baby bottle is what it takes, and I'll assume you didn't take it from your hungry infant!
So yes! It works!!!!

But seeing as how some folk here are questioning the validity of my pic (in that I set up the pic and claimed it was random) I should think that the random baby bottle tag is now null and void.

So, whoever wants to take the tag and run with it, please do.
Sorry to have apparently held up the game.
I do believe I'll be sitting this game out from now on. Even on a scooter forum, I didn't like the insinuations that I staged the photo.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Tam Tam wrote:
Syd wrote:Ahh, think about it though, Howard. Tam Tam's tag could have been in the garage, for all we can tell from the pic.

In my garage, where I have a stop sign, a curbed grassy lawn, a telephone pole and overhead powerlines and a fire hydrant across the street...
C'mon man, I thought the whole point of this tag was to find something odd whilst out riding, not to set up a prop photo. That was why I stressed I didn't set up the picture in anyway, not even setting the bottle up on it's end. I only pulled my scooter up close enough to get a picture.

I don't know, Syd. At the risk of being inflammatory, I feel as if you are calling into question my integrity, i.e. i set up the whole picture and claimed to have stumbled upon it. :?: [/i]
Question your integrity? God no. I'd have to have some in order to pull that off.

My whole (poorly made, it appears) point was that finding a baby bottle standing up on the side of the road is so random an event - you said as much yourself - as to be nearly impossible to duplicate.

So there are no hard feelings on my part, and you have my apologies for appearing to attack you. Forgive me, please, and please don't go away because of me.