New performance exhaust for Roughhouse

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Atony

New performance exhaust for Roughhouse

Post by Atony »

So my dealer installed one of these guys (http://www.scooterworks.com/performance ... quf8tIrIdU) on my roughhouse recently. It does NOT void the warranty.

I was actually the first one they have ever installed as it is a new product. They told me compared to the prima exhaust pipe upgrade they were supposed to be quieter and less focused on the max speed, more about the low/mid-range performance. Apparently the prima performance pipes were actually quite bad at low range.

Anyway, I have been riding around with it for twenty some miles and I am a big fan so far. It sounds meaner, but not loud or obnoxious. And the performance difference in very noticeable. I have to be careful not to turn the handle too much because I can power through 0-40 indicated so much quicker now. I feel more comfortable on the roads I travel on, much easier to keep up with traffic and I can even power through a hill easier than before.

I haven't really had a chance to see if there is a difference in top speed performance. They say I should get a maybe 2-3 mph increase, but as I said before, unlike the prima pipe that isn't this exhausts primary focus.

I give it a nice recommendation if you are looking to get more power out of your roughhouse without voiding your warranty, to me the extra performance is great.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Thanks for the review!
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
KooK

Post by KooK »

did you rejet the carb like it says in the description?
Atony

Post by Atony »

Yep, they rejetted it to a #90
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Question since I have a RH and looking to upgrade exhaust as well:

Was your RH already de-restricted before you added the new exhaust?
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

FreeDivr wrote:Question since I have a RH and looking to upgrade exhaust as well:

Make sure your variator restriction is removed before you install any sort of exhaust or de-restrict the original muffler. It'll rev too high and eventually blow the engine up.
Atony

Post by Atony »

Yep, I bought mine new and they had already derestricted it before I asked. Which I appreciated, a restricted scooter is too slow to be safe IMO.
KooK

Post by KooK »

so after driving it around for a whil. have you inspected your plug? is it normal with the upjet? i am VERY interested in this!
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Atony wrote:
Yep, I bought mine new and they had already derestricted it before I asked. Which I appreciated, a restricted scooter is too slow to be safe IMO.
That is good to hear, same for me, de-restricted from the shop. So you got a better sound and improved low end response? Any chance of a quick video?
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Any new updates now that you have had the exhaust a while? Wondered if you have ability to post a quick video, I have had several others ask about this exhaust and would like to see/hear.
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

The variator washer must be removed or I doubt it would do over 40 mph.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
Mikestib1

Post by Mikestib1 »

40 Buddy mph is like 35. So did the dealer derestrict just the exhaust, or did he also remove the thick washer from the variator/ drive face? I'm about to buy the same exhaust and main jet from Scooterworks, who supplied yours to the dealer. Just don't want to spend $135 for some parts that may do very little. I'd appreciate your experience and more detail. Thank you.
There's no point in spending too much in upgrades when you have a motorcycle endorsement on your license and don't mind paying insurance, which is only $100 a year on my S max 155 for liability and theft
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
JJScoot

Post by JJScoot »

Anyone of you guys that has this still here? Any updates on the exhaust?