Blur 220i custom seat? Want a lower seat height?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Blur 220i custom seat? Want a lower seat height?

Post by davelhunter »

I had my seat foam re-shaped at a custom seat shop so my fiancé who is 5'2" could ride the bike and be able to touch the ground. They did a beautiful job by keeping the original shape of the seat and lowering about 2" off the front section and also making it narrower. I then had them re-cover the seat with the factory cover. They used stainless steel staples and then painted the staples black. What I did not realize is that she now does not really want to ride the scooter, so I would rather go back to the stock seat height for myself. If anyone is interested in a lower seat height on their Blur 220i, I would be willing to swap seats with a stock seat. Just send me a message if interested. I am 5'10" and can now sit flat footed on the scooter when stopped.

See attached pics.
Attachments
333.jpg
333.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
222.jpg
222.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
111.jpg
111.jpg (45.08 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
Last edited by davelhunter on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheycallmeD

Post by TheycallmeD »

Very nice. I'm about to get me seat redone. (Cut down)

"D"
2007 Burgman 400
2012 Blur ss220i
73 CT 70 with a 107cc, traded for a 2008 Ninja 250R
77 CT 70/dax with a 117cc
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I think Davelhunter is offering this one (already cut down) in trade for a stock seat. It sounds like you could save some money if you two talk. Might be something to think about...
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

That is correct. I paid $90.00 for the seat work. I'm willing to do an even swap for the stock Blur 220i seat. It only takes 2 minutes to remove the 2 nuts on the seat hinge. FedEx shipping should probably not be more than $20.00, unless you are local. I am south of San Antonio, Tx at the moment.
osidegrom

Post by osidegrom »

i might be interested in the seat. I've been considering a lower seat for myself and the girlfriend. What did you like and not like about the seat when it comes to comfort?
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I am curious as well. It seems to me being able to have your feet flat on the ground at rest would be an advantage. Why would you want a higher seat? Is there less foam cushion now?
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

chickdr wrote:I am curious as well. It seems to me being able to have your feet flat on the ground at rest would be an advantage. Why would you want a higher seat? Is there less foam cushion now?
His fiance couldn't reach with the stock seat not him. Since his fiancee decided not to ride it despite the shaved seat he wants to go back to stock since he was comfortable with that to begin with.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Just seems strange. If you have a seat that lets your feet rest flat on the ground you will have much better control at red lights, traffic etc.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

With the seat height being lower, I noticed my knees were higher than with the stock seat. It was not much of a difference but just enough for me to prefer the stock seat since I didn't need it lower than stock to begin with.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

davelhunter wrote:With the seat height being lower, I noticed my knees were higher than with the stock seat. It was not much of a difference but just enough for me to prefer the stock seat since I didn't need it lower than stock to begin with.
Now I get it. If you are tall- your knees could be just the right height to be annoying with the lower seat.
davelhunter

Just listed it in the for sale section

Post by davelhunter »

Just listed the seat in the for sale section if anyone is interested.