GLOVES: Triumph Raptor Vented

Product reviews. Read-Only.

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kilted texan

GLOVES: Triumph Raptor Vented

Post by kilted texan »

Triumph Raptor Vented Gloves
http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/clothing.aspx
Hit the clothing button and then the gloves button.

Features:
* Perforated mesh fabric and leather construction
* Ventilated hard knuckle panels
* Slimline sports cuff with adjuster (velcro cuff)
* Keprotec® abrasion panels

Sizes:
Mens -- S - XXL int
Ladies -- LS - LL int

PROS:
These are comfortable vented summer gloves. They come in multiple sizes for mens & womens. I do like the knuckle pads & the hard knuckle cover for added protection. They slide on & off without a lot of huff.

CONS:
It seems that the thumbs are stitched to short. This has happened on my wifes pair also. It presses on the end of the thumb. When riding for more than 2 hours and the ends of the thumbs become tender. I have started to get used to this though. I tended to cut my finger nails very short, almost no white after they are trimmed. I have stopped doing this & it helps some. It is also hard to snap the helmet strap so it does not flap in the wind. This may be happening with all gloves, I am not sure though.

This is the first pair of gloves that I have purchased, but i would give a rating of 4* out of 5* for the gloves.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Thanks. I'm writing up a review on my gloves, too. Maybe I can compile them!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I have worn these gloves for three years. I love them. My wife also has a pair. I've learned to only put on the left glove, then my helmet, fasten the strap, then the second glove. Its just a matter of finding a sequence that works for you. After a couple of times, its automatic, no hassle. Thumb has never been a problem for me.

Yes, I will buy another pair.

I wear the Triumph Sympatex Expeditions what little cold weather we have.

Dennis
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

Sorry Eric didn't realize a review was already done. Feel free to cut & paste this review.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

kilted texan wrote:Sorry Eric didn't realize a review was already done. Feel free to cut & paste this review.
Mine's not done yet... I'll post it soon... maybe...
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…