Star Lite small frame LML 50cc, 125cc, and eventually 151cc

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gburbank

Star Lite small frame LML 50cc, 125cc, and eventually 151cc

Post by gburbank »

So I see that the new smallframe "Star-Lite" LML's have started arriving at dealerships in europe, introduced only as 50cc and 125cc automatics. From what I have read, the architecture will also fit the LML 151 4t Automatic engine as well (which we still can't get here, either). What would your interest be if you could get one here?
stella 4t 200 cc engine, tasso pipe and timing slider, ram-air filter and sidecar
stella auto, bone stock
stella 4t 200cc with readspeed CDI, unmodified stock engine
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

It would be pretty neat, as the Star Lite is derived from the Vespa PK line. Very few PKs were imported here, so it would look pretty fresh compared to the Stella. I just hope they're wired better.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Ain't gonna happen! :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yeah, odds are there won't be many… if any… shipments from LML to the US anytime soon.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

ericalm wrote:Yeah, odds are there won't be many… if any… shipments from LML to the US anytime soon.
Well, that's a helluva bummer. I still can't fathom why LML does decently in Europe, yet the recent 4-stroke offerings through Genuine have been so mediocre. I'd buy another 4T manual in spite of the problems mine had.

One point of curiousity: I bought a 4T cush drive center from Beedspeed (sourced from LML's gear vendor) in addition to the cush I bought from Scootwest (via Genuine). The part from Beedspeed had much better casting quality and finishing than the Genuine part. Wasn't rusted either. Tempted to order a few other OE parts from Tasso UK to see if there is more to this difference in build quality or if this was just an outlier.

1459. Reminds me of a Sugar Ray album...
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Tasso exhaust I got is basic but very solid. The powder coating is now a bit stained with who knows what but it's held up.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…