fingers crossed, knocking on wood, etc...

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kmrcstintn

fingers crossed, knocking on wood, etc...

Post by kmrcstintn »

cautiously I optimistically state that gremlins, bugs, and quirks seem to have ceased...for now :wink:

I just passed 565 miles and the engine feels as though I have a bit more power :)

gonna pack it up and store it in a few weeks...hopefully the carbeurator gasket won't shrink over the winter and cause vacuum/air flow problems :|
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

when I put my 2t Stella in my unheated garage for the winter... I do this..
start it up... raise the idle a bit... siphon out the gas... let the bike die of no gas... all done...works just fine next year. every year I've done it this way since 08.
good luck
PS.. yank the battery and bring it inside and float charge it once a month. check water levels.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

may want to run some sta-bil through the system and if you can drain
the float bowl. Am looking at a stella to but but not sure where the float bowl screw is but the sta-bil is a definite go.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

50CC Cape Cod wrote:may want to run some sta-bil through the system and if you can drain
the float bowl. Am looking at a stella to but but not sure where the float bowl screw is but the sta-bil is a definite go.
You can drain the float bowl simply by shutting off the fuel with the petcock and letting the engine idle until it dies from lack of fuel.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ True , but there is a little still left. I am still a fan of sta-bil or Startron for any storage of over a month. Ethanol fuel sucks!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

Ethanol can really get things stuck from my experiences so like Sta-bil for storage and ongoing use. Like Sea-foam for the clean up of the system.
Vinney may look at a Stella in Maryland for sale do you do scooter check outs for buyers? If you do will e-mail you.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I will most defintiely stabilize the gas with Sta-Bil marine ethanol treatment/stabilizer, treat the gas with a cleaner like Yamaha Ring-Plus, run the float bowl dry, unmount the battery & keep it hooked to a tender, and slightly overinflate the tires; every so often I might kickstart the scooter and run the engine for a few minutes...

the scoot gets to live inside the enclosed part of the patio (since it fits throught the doors), but the motorcycle will have to live on the outside part of the patio with virtually the same winterizing procedure with the addition of a cover to keep it clean...

this past winter was weird...I would treat the gas, but with the warmer weather I was able to ride alot throughout the season