New Buddy Seat Cover Template

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pinkducati

New Buddy Seat Cover Template

Post by pinkducati »

Hi all. I am new to the forum. I just got my new Buddy for XMas and I am in love with it! :D I'm really interested in making a new seat cover. I have gone online to www.scooterseatcovers.com but I want to pick out my own fabric and customize it myself. So I was wondering if anyone has done it on their own and if you might have a good way of making a template.
jess

Post by jess »

If it helps at all, Crystal (of scooterseatcovers.com) will happily work with you on custom fabrics and other customization...
pinkducati

Post by pinkducati »

Thanks for the reply. I love to sew so I am going to make one myself. I bought some green furry fabric that is going to look really cool.
ivyall

seatcover

Post by ivyall »

Hey!

I made my own seatcover. I got tissue paper and traced the panels of the seat. Then I got some cool fabric on sale. I cut each panel about 1/2 inch wider than my pattern pieces all around. I sewed the pieces together, matching them to the panels on the seat. Then I measured some elastic- about 3/4 of what it took to go around the inside of the seat underneath. Then I made a hem and put the elastic in. It fits great and I love it. I hope this helps. My pic is on this site about a month ago.

Happy sewing,
Ivyall :wink:
pinkducati

Post by pinkducati »

Thanks! That will totally work for me. I appreciate it.