modern vespa hacked?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

robtaylor

modern vespa hacked?

Post by robtaylor »

Modern Vespa is temporarily closed while we deal with an infestation of bratty children who should really know better. Come back tomorrow.

hacked?
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

LOL
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

That's really lame :(

I don't get why people hack nice little fun sites. If you want to show your madd skillz go hack some government or Scientology sites.
Lift heavy eat clean!
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

Becktastic wrote:That's really lame :(

I don't get why people hack nice little fun sites. If you want to show your madd skillz go hack some government or Scientology sites.
Or sarah palin?

edit: Damnit Eric
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
paige

Post by paige »

Not hacked. Actually closed for business for the day.
jess

Post by jess »

Not hacked. I got fed up with all the infantile adults sniping at each other. It's offline until I convince myself that there's any point to keeping it up.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

what were they fighting about?
Lift heavy eat clean!
paige

Post by paige »

Becktastic wrote:what were they fighting about?
Nothing. Stupid, pointless, juvenile, nothing.
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

jess wrote:Not hacked. I got fed up with all the infantile adults sniping at each other. It's offline until I convince myself that there's any point to keeping it up.
ok sorry jess i wasn't sure, glad to see you on the buddy boards. you know there are a lot of scooter nerds out there wondering what they'll do with all that spare time if you shut MV down.
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
Steady Teddy

Post by Steady Teddy »

Wow... I was kinda thinking it was more about some of the postings than an actual hack attack. Been watching a few get outta control the last week or so. But shut down the entire site? That is not the answer... just weed out the wienies messing it up for the normal people with self control.

What is there about the internet that emboldens particular people to let loose with the insults and put downs that they would otherwise never do in face to face situations? I am sure there are reams of stats and research to explain it, but it still puzzles the hell outta me.

Hope you decide to keep M/V going dude... but you gotta figure out if it is worth it to you I guess.

Good luck!

Ted
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

Bickering "children" can get old very quickly.

Nothing like a smack with a banhammer for a few days to straighten them out, sometimes :twisted:
UXO

Post by UXO »

:idea:
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

jess wrote:Not hacked. I got fed up with all the infantile adults sniping at each other. It's offline until I convince myself that there's any point to keeping it up.
Welcome back....but sorry things have degenerated to this point.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I hope MBers take something from this. :)

Hey, Jess, what's up? Nice to see you. Have a nice Cannonball? It was particularly exciting from the sidelines. Inspiring, even.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

well I hope nothing like that happens here. We should have a disaster plan..maybe go to the Clay Aiken forum or something. I say ban the troublemakers taking note of their IP addresses.
jess

Post by jess »

Steady Teddy wrote:Wow... I was kinda thinking it was more about some of the postings than an actual hack attack. Been watching a few get outta control the last week or so. But shut down the entire site? That is not the answer... just weed out the wienies messing it up for the normal people with self control.
Yeah, been doing that for a couple of years. Kind of over it. It's a no-win situation, really. If I let everyone bicker, the site degenerates into a ScooterBBS-like state of poo-flinging. If I come down hard, M@ gets to call me "Li'l Hitler" and I generally get vilified as some kind of anti-free-speech control freak.

As it is, I get both poo-flinging and vilification simultaneously. Fun!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

peabody99 wrote:well I hope nothing like that happens here. We should have a disaster plan..maybe go to the Clay Aiken forum or something. I say ban the troublemakers taking note of their IP addresses.
Nothing to worry about on MB right now.

All quiet on the Buddy front. As long as people stop posting about the candidates. Especially you know who. Sarah Palin.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jess

Post by jess »

ericalm wrote:Hey, Jess, what's up? Nice to see you. Have a nice Cannonball? It was particularly exciting from the sidelines. Inspiring, even.
Yeah, it was fun. Well... actually it was hard work and a grueling race, but I'm certainly not sorry I did it. In retrospect, though, it would have been nice to have seen some of the country I was passing through, instead of 100 constantly-changing feet of asphalt, my speedo, and my GPS. Oh, and Kansas. I could do without ever seeing Kansas again.

I think Bobo has it right: just hang back and ride a leisurely ride and soak up the country.

Except Kansas.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

The brats over at MV is why I spend the majority of my time here at Modern Buddy. Most of the peeps at MV at pretty nice people. There's just a few turkeys that make it not worth my time.

Jess, just jetison the troublemakers.

MB'ers, you are outstanding!
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
Steady Teddy

Post by Steady Teddy »

HAH! I am thinking you'd better open it up again, because sooner or later with nowhere else to go, all the MV folk (including the wienies!) will migrate over here and ruin it for the more mature MB crowd!

Spoilers always find away to continue spreading their ugliness on the masses...

Ted
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

pcbikedude wrote:The brats over at MV is why I spend the majority of my time here at Modern Buddy. Most of the peeps at MV at pretty nice people. There's just a few turkeys that make it not worth my time.

Jess, just jetison the troublemakers.

MB'ers, you are outstanding!
+100 ! Welcome back from Cannonball. Welcome back to the happy world of Buddies! Where no one ever brings up politics or religion or guns. Just happy scooter talk :wink:
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Steady Teddy wrote:HAH! I am thinking you'd better open it up again, because sooner or later with nowhere else to go, all the MV folk (including the wienies!) will migrate over here and ruin it for the more mature MB crowd!

Ted
Teddy, what are you doing here? Are you one of the MV brats? I wanted to see if someone got my tag picture on MV today. But no forum.
PCBIKEDUKE AKA Ultra-maniac (MV)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Steady Teddy wrote:HAH! I am thinking you'd better open it up again, because sooner or later with nowhere else to go, all the MV folk (including the wienies!) will migrate over here and ruin it for the more mature MB crowd!

No… please, no…

I know just the place for them to go.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

modernbuddy 2 forum. wow. For no particular reason, I find it interesting that all 9 registered members were on line Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm.
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

ericalm wrote:

No… please, no…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ericalm wrote: No… please, no…

You have an evil mind Eric. I would have suggested they go to the BBS :wha: .
coffeekittie

Post by coffeekittie »

Good point, but his response was funnier :twisted:
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

See me and my cool cats at www.justcatshotel.com
www.olygeek.com
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

ericalm wrote: All quiet on the Buddy front. As long as people stop posting about the candidates. Especially you know who. Penelope Pitstop.

Sorry about that Eric. I will bite my tongue from now on. I suppose it was naive of me to think mentioning firearms wouldn't head down that path. For me it's not a political thing at all, just a personal preference and I forget not everyone thinks that way.
Lift heavy eat clean!
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Hey Jess,
You could suggest that they join the RBSC forum! I'm sorry, I shouldn't open that can o' worms. :roll:

This could be their "Lucky" day.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

pcbikedude wrote: You could suggest that they join the RBSC forum! I'm sorry, I shouldn't open that can o' worms. :roll:
Anyone can join the forum. The Texas Bastards have a Rally coming up!
dannyW

Post by dannyW »

hey jess, i hope i didn't add to mv madness, congrats on cannonball....
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

MV'ers, the MV is back up.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pcbikedude wrote:Hey Jess,
You could suggest that they join the RBSC forum! I'm sorry, I shouldn't open that can o' worms. :roll:

This could be their "Lucky" day.
Official MB Can of Worms: When only the best can of worms will do.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

ericalm wrote:Official MB Can of Worms: When only the best can of worms will do.
That looks like day of fishing on my favorite lake.
stickyfrog

Post by stickyfrog »

Dude you need to get over it. Your site is very important to a lot of folks. I for one have learned so much from the members and I try to give back. Do not doubt what you have started just because you don't like what some people post...just lock em out if you feel you must but let the rest of the majority go on to productive talks...

If you can't do that then close the dang thing and move on with your life.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

stickyfrog wrote:
Dude you need to get over it. Your site is very important to a lot of folks. I for one have learned so much from the members and I try to give back. Do not doubt what you have started just because you don't like what some people post...just lock em out if you feel you must but let the rest of the majority go on to productive talks...

Make him a monetary offer for the site. He may want to off-load it. Or start MVII.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

stickyfrog wrote:

This isn't the place for this conversation. Move it to MV. In all seriousness, I don't want this stuff spreading to MB. We have our own problems to contend with.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Becktastic wrote:
ericalm wrote: All quiet on the Buddy front. As long as people stop posting about the candidates. Especially you know who. Penelope Pitstop.
Sorry about that Eric. I will bite my tongue from now on. I suppose it was naive of me to think mentioning firearms wouldn't head down that path. For me it's not a political thing at all, just a personal preference and I forget not everyone thinks that way.
This has happened in several threads on several occasions, so you're in no way responsible or to blame!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

ericalm wrote:

No… please, no…

I got unbanned from MB2.com!!! I was the first person to get banned there... and he told me it was for life.... I guess that makes me a zombie>???? :D
Attachments
In_Case_Of_Zombies.jpg
In_Case_Of_Zombies.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 1842 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Maybe he just missed you.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

MikieTaps wrote:
ericalm wrote:

No… please, no…

I got unbanned from MB2.com!!! I was the first person to get banned there... and he told me it was for life.... I guess that makes me a zombie>???? :D
You beat me to it! I was second. Haven't been back to see if I'm unbanned. How did you get unbanned? Maybe its felt that some of your "excessive" postings will flow to MBII? :D