Weird Noise

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scootin_in_MS

Weird Noise

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

So when I'm up to speed, say 40 mph or so, and then I let off the throttle to start slowing, I hear this noise that sounds like a playing card is stuck in a bicycle tire, bouncing across the spokes. Any ideas what it might be? I had it in for service yesterday, and they tightened a bunch of stuff, but the noise is still there...

Jody
Keys

Post by Keys »

Well, Jody, I don't have the foggiest idea what is making that noise, however, if you put it up on the center-stand and rotate first one wheel then the other, you might be able to isolate the noise. I kind of suspect something as simple as a fender rubbing a tire or something of that nature.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

It's just the disk brakes at work. Totally normal.
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

OK, I'll try to ignore it...Thanks for your replies.

Jody
Keys

Post by Keys »

It CAN be done. I, for one, am quite noisy and there are a LOT of people who ignore me...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

hehe...I get ignored a lot, too. I understand your plight. :D

Jody
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

I've been "ignoring" this sound, telling myself it's just the sound of being better able to hear what's going on in a vehicle, while still obsessively trying to figure out what it is and listen to make sure it wasn't getting worse. Glad I'm not alone and that there are nice people out there to reassure us.