Pricing on two models

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

birdmove

Pricing on two models

Post by birdmove »

What are new owners paying for brand new 49cc Buddy's and Roughouss? Just found out the Hilo Suzuki dealer is selling these two models. $3900!!?? Yeah, this is on the big island, but, jeezz. Also, I can't find any pricing on the Genuine Scooters website.
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
eggsalad

Re: Pricing on two models

Post by eggsalad »

Well that seems a little obscene, but you don't get so many choices when you live on an island, I guess.

OTOH, the Honda Dealer on the Big Island shows Ruckus and Metro prices at $2700 ish, but that doesn't include fees. As much as I like Genuine Scooters, I'd happily take a Honda if it cost the same or less.
sc00ter

Re: Pricing on two models

Post by sc00ter »

If it slightly helps my new 2023 Buddy 125 was $2999. Then, after all the other fees it came to $4000 OTD. If you want I can post the sales order so you can see what my fees were. But I found it weird that the 50cc Rough House was almost the same price as my 125 Buddy at this dealer. It was listed at $2800. But then again, 50cc is in demand around me because of easier licencing requirements.

Also, around here, a new Ruckus will just come in a few dollars under $4000 OTD, so I fully understand why birdmove is asking this question.