Looking for missing windscreen hardware

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

enzomatik

Looking for missing windscreen hardware

Post by enzomatik »

Hi folks, I was pretty active here about 10 years ago until I sold my Buddy. Last week I bought another one (170i). While digging in my shed I found my old windscreen but I realized that I left the attachment bits on the scoot I sold. Anyone know where I can just source these?
-Enzo
sc00ter

Re: Looking for missing windscreen hardware

Post by sc00ter »

At one time Scooter Works sold the hardware. I would reach out to them and see if they still do or they have hardware leftover from a damaged windscreen.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

If you can't find the stock mounts, I think you can still make that work. You would have to swtich to 10mm mirrors. Start with an adapter Yamaha 8mm to 10mm (they come in black as well). Then use the slipstreamer post mounts. You may have to drill out the center hole for the windshield L arm. Your mirrors screw into the top of the post mount. You would have to spread the windshield arms a little further apart. They would now be right on top of the Buddy mirror mount holes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slipstreamer-0 ... Swy8BgQ-2n
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-25 8.41.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-03-25 8.41.26 AM.png (178.38 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
enzomatik

Post by enzomatik »

thanks for the advice I'll reach out to scooter works, yeah I thought I remember seeing the hardware in the past. IIRC one of the attachments is reverse threaded but I guess I can go find out.