170i Airbox Question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

New2Scoots

170i Airbox Question

Post by New2Scoots »

I noticed the cover for the air box has a rubber divider with a rubber tube through it. Both parts can be pulled out. Air goes through the tube on the way to the engine. Thinking I might remove the divider & see if it flows more air. I'd guess no but I'm curious, will try later this week. Question is, does the fuel injection compensate for a slight increase of air air flow? I can't insert the pic I took.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

wheelbender6

Re: 170i Airbox Question

Post by wheelbender6 »

I pulled the divider out of the airbox on my 125 and it ran awful (even after jetting up 3 sizes). I have heard that the constant velocity carb doesn't like pod filters or air box mods.
You may have better results with EFI. It costs nothing to try it.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
enzomatik

Post by enzomatik »

results?
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

Won't start. Got a new battery & still won't start. I had to buy a ramp & tie-down straps to transport it to my dealer in my truck. I bought those but I lost interest in the Buddy. It will sit in the garage until I'm in the mood to deal with it again. For now I'm riding my other scooter & motorcycle.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

enzomatik

Post by enzomatik »

thanks for the reply, I'm sorry to hear about your buddy, mine is giving me clutch trouble too. I won't be messing with the airbox anytime soon it seems.