Buddy 50 forks bent....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sc00ter

Buddy 50 forks bent....

Post by sc00ter »

The pink Buddy 50 I had got hit. Owner didn't get hurt really bad but the forks and front panels didn't fare as well. I wont go into details how she got hit on Pinky but it's a crazy story. Anyways, I went over there this weekend to give it a once over and assess damage and the worst is the forks point one direction and the bars point another. I loosened the bars and pulled the bolt thinking the bars got knocked off center, but something is bent. I didn't ride it either but the owner is still riding it all smashed up. Breaks my heart to see Pinky like that but no one got seriously hurt. I'm not to excited about the idea of swapping out the forks if she acquires used ones. I have forks from a Buddy 150 but they need an overhaul and the chrome tubes are pitted. Oh well. I told her to keep an eye on ebay for forks and the front panels.
scootERIK

Re: Buddy 50 forks bent....

Post by scootERIK »

Were you able to inspect the fork crown and head tube area? There is a chance one or both of those is bent. You should also check to make sure the front axle is straight.
Alzero

Post by Alzero »

If a scooter has been hit or has hit something else hard enough to bend fork tubes or clamps almost certainly the frame has been pushed out of alignment. It may be just a little or it may be a lot, who knows?
Whether you care about this is another matter.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I checked the head tube area for any damage and didn't "see" anything. It seems its the lower fork area around the tree. The front wheel spins free with no binding, the rotor is straight and the forks rebound without hanging up. Me personally, I would not ride it. But the owner doesn't seem to care. A new ipad was more important than hunting down used forks. Kids today.....