Need to replace Buddy 125 Battery in a hurry - What, where, and how?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

phenomenalworld

Need to replace Buddy 125 Battery in a hurry - What, where, and how?

Post by phenomenalworld »

Hi. I need to replace my 2012 Buddy 125 battery. Ideally would like to A) get it very fast B) get it cheap C) get the right one D) get it locally in Los Angeles or E) online, within a few days. But basically wondering what kind I need. Found one recommendation for the Duralast Gold GSX7A Ready-To-Ride Power Sport Battery. Is this good? Surely expensive, relatively. Other options? Thanks & merry holidays!
Oh, also, what about this one, https://www.ebay.com/itm/YTX7A-BS-Batte ... Swne1fmz7w (Expertpower YTX7A-BS )?
And lastly there'shttps://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM32X7A- ... merReviews this Yuasa YUAM32X7A YTX7A-BS Battery that seems the appropriate match.
mjrally

Re: Need to replace Buddy 125 Battery in a hurry - What, where, and how?

Post by mjrally »

Check out Batteriesplus.com Plenty of locations in LA
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I've gotten Chrome Batteries from Amazon pretty darn fast, but locally a Batteries Plus or powersports shop can help. you'll just pay more.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

One thing I can tell you is you will probably get better help and find more battery options if you ask for a battery for a Yamaha Zuma 125. (Same battery).

A lot of battery lookup tables don't list Genuine, or people can't be bothered to try
phenomenalworld

Post by phenomenalworld »

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I was first and foremost looking to find out what battery works/fits in the the Buddy 12cc, but I probably wasn't too clear on that in my post. I appreciate the suggestions of the local places, but without my scooter (which isn't moving until I get a new battery in it), I can't travel far. I just now decided to go with this https://www.ebay.com/itm/YTX7A-BS-Batte ... 2749.l2649 cheap on ebay. Advertised as for the 125, also has great reviews on Amazon, and only a third of the price of others I was considering. I hope it works okay! All the info you gave me get stored in the ol' noggin and will be helpful to know in the future for sure.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Hopefully it's decent. I've had some cheapo batteries only last a year, but my bikes lived outside.

The chrome batteries I've got have all lasted at least 3 years of neglect
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

May be too late for the OP, but I bought this battery off of Amazon for my Buddy 150 1.5 years ago. Still working good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5 ... UTF8&psc=1
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Why in a hurry, anyway? The buddy 125 will kick start and run even if the battery is removed from the bike.