New Member Intro...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gigemlee

New Member Intro...

Post by gigemlee »

Friends,

Thanks for all the wisdom I've been able to glean from this forum already. It's a massive help. I've been a Honda Metropolitan rider for the last 11 years, and since my last scoot was stolen, I decided it was finally time to get a Genuine Buddy 125, which I got on Craigslist for $700! She had all of her decals removed and only 2100 miles on her. Quite a deal. I've spent the last week or so getting her fixed up with some great upgrades, including leather grip wraps and a usb outlet (with a touch switch) to replace the 12V cigarette lighter. On Sunday, I'll do the Nautilus horn upgrade.
Attachments
IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Welcome to the fold and congrats on an awesome purchase. I think you'll find that the Buddy is superior to the Met in almost every way. Not sure when Genuine starting installing Nautilus horns in Buddy's but are you sure your Buddy doesn't already have one? My 2008 has one.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Welcome! Great deal on a very nice scoot!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The Buddy 125 is a great scooter. Ride safe, have fun.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

Welcome. I too believe you got a good deal.
gigemlee

Post by gigemlee »

Yep, it's the junky one. I was able to get the Nautilus on Amazon for $28
babblefish wrote:Welcome to the fold and congrats on an awesome purchase. I think you'll find that the Buddy is superior to the Met in almost every way. Not sure when Genuine starting installing Nautilus horns in Buddy's but are you sure your Buddy doesn't already have one? My 2008 has one.
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

babblefish wrote:Welcome to the fold and congrats on an awesome purchase. I think you'll find that the Buddy is superior to the Met in almost every way. Not sure when Genuine starting installing Nautilus horns in Buddy's but are you sure your Buddy doesn't already have one? My 2008 has one.
I am guessing that only the Buddy 150 had the Nautilus horn. My 2009 150 has it. But my wife's 2019 125 does not. I like the Nautilus horn sound much better.
RoaringTodd

Wilkum

Post by RoaringTodd »

Wish I could find a $700 Buddy 125. Great deal, and welcome!
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.