Where is the Fuse Block? - 2007 Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

runtotorun121

Where is the Fuse Block? - 2007 Buddy 125

Post by runtotorun121 »

My friend's husband was putting new tires on my little buddy the other day, and he also change the oil for me. So he has a lot of bikes in his garage and I think he's tinkering around and just looking things over, and he asked me to ask you guys where the fuse block is because he can't find it. Do we have one? Obviously he eats not finding one oh, and I don't know that I saw one in the manual.

Thanks in advance for your time and reply! :-)
~Celebrate~
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Fuse block? :lol:

There's one or two fuses inline, but that's it.

On a 125, very little is powered from the battery.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

[quote="JettaKnight"]Fuse block? :lol: /quote]

:D

Well, I didn't think we had a fuse panel anywhere, that he asked me to ask so I did. :-)

So you mentioned one or two fuses in line. I replaced the fuse that's right there by the battery. Are you thinking there's another one or two elsewhere? And where might one find those or how would we know where those are at if we ever needed to?
~Celebrate~
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

So you replaced a fuse "just because"?

I seem to recall there's a glass cartridge fuse under the front carapace for the accessory port (i.e. that 12V cigarette lighter connector).
mukaiboston

Post by mukaiboston »

The fusebox is located under the front panel below the turn signal relay. It looks like a small box with all the fuses in a row.

The 1A fuse protects the computer
The 5A fuse protects the fuel pump and injector
The 7.5A fuse protects the ignition wiring
The 10A protects the engine management system's wiring

My scooter has an additional 1A fuse to the left of the topple switch which I'm not sure what it goes to.

And then there is a 15A fuse in a white plastic tube at the battery to protect the whole vehicle wiring.

I recently was trying to jump pins on the data port and knocked out all power to the dashboard when I blew out the 10A fuse. The scooter uses standard blade fuses, not to be confused with "mini blade" which looks similar but won't fit.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

mukaiboston wrote:The fusebox is located under the front panel below the turn signal relay. It looks like a small box with all the fuses in a row.
The setup on the 125 is different than on the 170. Understandable as the 170 is fuel injected and the 125 is not. My '07 125 has a main fuse by the battery and a small 1A in-line fuse for the 12V power outlet.