Can you look at your clip for me? :)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

eggsalad

Can you look at your clip for me? :)

Post by eggsalad »

Was doing some work on my caliper, and realized there is supposed to be a clip holding the brake hose to the front fender. Mine is long gone.

Genuine part number is: 92362328000 and it is identified as "CABLE CLIP".

Well, I can buy a new one online. For about 2 bucks... and $7 shipping. Stopped by my local dealer, who offered to get it for me for 2 bucks... and $7 shipping.

That's all well and good, and folks deserve to make a living... but I'm too cheap.

From the parts drawing, it looks like a fairly standard cable clip used to hold a bundle of cables, with a fastener attached through a ~1/4" hole. Something like that can be found at any good auto parts store.

But what I need to know is the diameter. I need someone to look at their 150 (probably also 125 or 50) and tell me if the brake hose is captured firmly inside the clip, or if the clip allows the hose to "float" within it.

Thanks. You're nice.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Mine is long gone, I don’t think it’s missing status has effected the the operation of the bakes at all.
If memory serves correctly it was not a tight capture.
Stop by your dealer and look at one on his floor or ask him to send you a picture.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

When I need one small Genuine part I ask my dealer not to special order it, just add it to their next parts order. They are ordering parts every week or two so I usually don't have to wait long and I don't pay shipping. It might help that my local dealer does a lot of service and part sales.

I just checked my Buddies and neither of them have a clip holding the brake line to the fender. On my main Buddy the brake hose has rubbed the paint off one of the plastic parts, but the hose is in perfect shape. I am curious if all Buddies can with a clip(but they fall off) or if it was added at some point. I will be checking all the Buddies I see till I find one that has a clip.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

I can't remember what it looks like but I may have a fix for you. I have some cable ties that are reusable and have a mount you put a screw through. I'll be out running some errands tomorrow. I could drop some off for you.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

olhogrider wrote:I can't remember what it looks like but I may have a fix for you. I have some cable ties that are reusable and have a mount you put a screw through. I'll be out running some errands tomorrow. I could drop some off for you.
You're quite kind to offer. I very much appreciate you for it. But I already own plenty of those, and that's Plan C :)