wow found this cheep alarm

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brothergc

wow found this cheep alarm

Post by brothergc »

I was on amazon and found this cheep alarm and decided to try it .
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Anti-Th ... 4H5MTFBAA8

For 15 bucks I thought I would give it a go and wow it works and its VERY loud
I installed mine in a hidden location on the frame and just zip tied it their . tested it out , slight bump of the bike sets a warning chirp , major movement and it sets it off . well worth the 15 dollars . Remote has a decent range I can set it from with in my APT from 12ft away .
Sure their are better alarms to be had but if it just scares off a would be thief then its $15 dollars well spent
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Interesting. Thanks!
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Do you hold it on with zip ties as shown in the pictures though? I'm imagining someone making quick work of that with a blade, then leaving the alarm to beep on the pavement as they roll off with the bike.
New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

Hopefully it works better than a Xena disc alarm. Mine would go off sitting in the garage at night. So did the replacement.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

brothergc

Post by brothergc »

New2Scoots wrote:Hopefully it works better than a Xena disc alarm. Mine would go off sitting in the garage at night. So did the replacement.
they would have to find it first , mine is behind the body panels out of plain sight . But I do not rely on just a alarm , I also have a kyptolock
https://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/ ... pe=scooter

You would be foolish to just to rely on one device I have that chained to a steel post bolted down if they screw with my lock I will know before they have a chance to do anything
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Stanza wrote:Do you hold it on with zip ties as shown in the pictures though? I'm imagining someone making quick work of that with a blade, then leaving the alarm to beep on the pavement as they roll off with the bike.
I would just throw it into the pet carrier. Or if you need it louder, double-stick-tape it inside the front storage bin. I doubt they would stick around trying to figure out where the alarm is mounted.
buzzvert

Post by buzzvert »

I'm toying with horn/alarm locations near the underside battery box. Thinking is that if I go Li/Ion/LiPo and relocate the battery into the engine area (since it's smaller), I have this big box I can fill with a horn or alarm.

Anyone else done this?