The Scooter 'Zine #3

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

The Scooter 'Zine #3

Post by Howardr »

(Admin, if this is in the wrong area, please relocate)

The third issue of The Scooter 'Zine went to the printer today and will be mailed out next week.

First, I want to thank the kind folks, here at Modern Buddy for your input, suggestions and support as we are trying to get this new 'zine off the ground.

Second, Our big announcement this week is that we are adding a digital version of the 'zine to the printed one, starting with this next July/August issue. Some of us like old-fashioned printed material, but other wants access to their scooter while "on the go." It took a couple of months because my first publishing app didn't lend itself to digital publishing.

Third, That first issue was a "one-man" show with all photos, writing, editing etc done by yours truly. Since then, several people have come forward to provide content. Now we have 4 more writers on board which increases the variety you get as you read.

Fourth, AS I say in the forward to this issue, I originally thought of this as a regional magazine, but I appeared to have underestimated the desire for scooter-related content. We now have subscribers from 18 US states and one from the UK. Thanks, so much for having faith in this project.

Below you'll find the table of contents for this next issue. If it sounds interesting and you want to subscribe, send me an email to: thescooterzine@gmail.com

CONTENTS
Pg 3 The Way I See It – Cover & Concealment for the Commuter
Pg 5 Featured Rider – Scott Payne (Grand Junction, CO)
Pg 7 Club Corner – Two-Bit Scooter Club (Ogden, UT)
Pg 8 Is Bigger Better? by Mike Franklin
Pg 10 My Scooter Obsession - NSU Prima by John Tonic
Pg 11 A Road to Remember – Two NM Scenic Byways
Pg 13 Meet Your Local Scooter Shop – On Any Moto, Tucson, AZ
Pg 15 Scooter Book Review –Scooters-Red Eyes, White Walls, Blue Smoke

Ride on!
Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Syd

Post by Syd »

Got mine today, but I was in Ireland until Sunday nite. Thanks Howard!
The majority is always sane - Nessus