I may be getting a pink Buddy 50....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sc00ter

Re: I may be getting a pink Buddy 50....

Post by sc00ter »

I guess the pink Buddy 50 has finally gone to Buddy heaven. Owner said it completely quit working and won't start. I didn't ask any details because I'm done with her. She asked me if I knew anyone selling a good quality scooter for $1000. Those 2 words, "quality" and "$1000", don't fit together around my area. She was sending me links to used China Ice Bears and other crappy 4-strokes. I'm not wasting my time going to look at anything "cheap" and I'm not working on anything anyways. There is a China scooter seller in my area and they sell brand new 50cc scooters for $999, and they come with a 30 day warranty. A whopping 30 days! That's some confidence in a product!

The yellow bug-eye Zuma guy also said his scooter is messed up. Oh well.

Bum scooters for bum owners! Simple employment can buy them simple transportation. These 2 people expect miracles or something.
tenders

Post by tenders »

That’s part of the problem with cheap Chinese scooters: buyers who aren’t willing to maintain them. There’s truly no hope for a pile of parts that is both of chintzy quality AND neglected.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I truly feel sorry for the people who buy a off-brand China scooter as honest transportation and it doesn't deliver. We have a guy out my way who was lower income. He purchased a new Ice Bear 50cc to get to work and everything else life throws at ya. That scooter just fell apart! He never abused it, he learned how to service the valves, change the oil, etc. It lasted a little over a year before something broke that wasn't worth fixing. He ended up buying a Genuine Rough House next and it's still running strong.

I didn't know him before he bought the Ice Bear but I asked him what made him purchase it. He said he always saw me using my tatty Buddy everyday. This was my first Buddy, the black one. He figured all scooters must be generally alike, and the dealer he went to will hype up a dog turd, so he purchased the only 50cc scooter they had in stock-the 30 day warranty China special. Not all China made products are bad, its the quality control that goes into a product that makes a difference. His particular China scooter lacked quality control.

These 2 bums that I know (Pinkys owner and the yellow Zuma guy) refuse to get even a simple little job. They both live at home in the comfort of their parents home. One is in their 50's and the other in their late 20's! No reason for them to not have a job, just their parents make the nest to comfy to fly away from. They can watch YouTube and fix their own junkie scooters, I'm done being Santa's little helper repair elf.