Awesome.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

What's your take on the LaserCompo?

Awesome! Motocompos FTW!
60%
Eh, Wooden Vespas are cooler...
No votes
We need a Wooden Buddy more!
No votes
I like trains.
40%

Total votes: 10

az_slynch

Awesome.

Post by az_slynch »

Not sure how many of you are familiar with the Honda Motocompo, but I wanted to share this.

Epic tiny trunkbike from the 80s, rendered in laser-cut maple and walnut finished plywood. It folds like the original and is roughly 1/6 scale. Behold the LaserCompo!
Attachments
LaserCompo!
LaserCompo!
1525316231632_scaled_image.jpg (83.89 KiB) Viewed 754 times
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

According to their website, they are out-of-stock due to unexpectedly high demand...
Syd

Post by Syd »

If I had some spare dollars that wood be mine.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

jrsjr wrote:According to their website, they are out-of-stock due to unexpectedly high demand...
Huh, from the site I saw this banner:
Due to an unexpectedly high influx of orders there may be a delay of up to one week for shipping out new orders.
Looks like a shipping delay due to demand rather than an out of stock scenario. I suspect Mr. Shinmoto may have underestimated the mad MotoCompo love out there.

I noticed this posted on Jalopnik while googling for an idea to use a pair of Chicage Scooter go! front rims and discs on. Discussion seemed subdued compared to most of their articles. Imagine if this hit Mighty Car Mods!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

We have a Japanese importer for cars in Richmond and they have had several MotoCompo's come thru their dealership. Judging by the prices they sell for, I bet they are the coolest things ever! Still want to see one in person. I have a flea market near me that sell Di Blasi folding scooters, just like the "had to many drinks" ride program in England uses. That wooden model is super cool!