NCY Fork Installation on 170i;

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GregsBuddy

NCY Fork Installation on 170i;

Post by GregsBuddy »

They were easier to install than I expected. Remove the tire and front cover and you can reach the pinch bolts that hold the fork assemblies easily. PGO has even molded a hole in the lower front body piece to gain access to the pinch bolts!
Initial impressions are that the new forks are smoother over bumps and pay dividends on hands. The vibration from the front wheel traveling over road irregularities is damped a bit. Sticktion (breakaway friction) is lower than the stock forks. The scoot' seems to rail corners just as well with less small amplitude movement.
Together with the aftermarket shock on the rear, the scoot' is much nicer to ride.
They look cool and are no lighter than stock. They just look lighter!
'09 Yamaha TMAX Large sport scoot.
Iowa Racer

Post by Iowa Racer »

I just installed the NCY front fork and rear shock. Before I installed the shock and forks. Going over bumps and holes in the road sent a shock through my wrists and up my spin. Some times the shock was painful. And long rides made my back tires from bracing.

Also the Handeling was not as good. Going through corners the rear would bounce.

With the new parts the ride is much smoother. Going over holes that I would brace for I cannot even feel them now. Bumps are smoother and no painful shock. The overall handeling is improved. I can wip through my favorate S turn two to four mph faster.

Installation was very simple and the whole job took less than an hour.