Anyone try a fuel mapping device?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

New2Scoots

Anyone try a fuel mapping device?

Post by New2Scoots »

Lurking around online I came across 2 fuel mapping devices for the Buddy 170i. Not really interested in buying one but I'm curious if anyone's tried one & what kind of results these get. Cheap experiments can be fun but these things are expensive. Not sure if I can give them free advertising by putting links here so I'll just mention what they're called: Genuine Scooter Buddy 170i MAGNUM EVO-Tech Motorcycle Performance Chip. The 2nd one is called a Bazzaz Fuel Controller. Insanely expensive to me, $325.
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

skully93

Post by skully93 »

it never fails to amaze me what lengths folks will go to on these things.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

New2Scoots

Post by New2Scoots »

I think I'll steer clear of these things, especially the no name kinds I found. So much snake oil out there. I'm leaning back to "If it ain't broke...."
2014 Genuine Buddy 170i
2014 Honda NC700X

Mikestib1

Why do you need to modify the Ecu

Post by Mikestib1 »

Unless you ditch the air box, install a full exhaust system, and install a big bore kit, you don't need a FI controller.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe
cummingsjc

Re: Why do you need to modify the Ecu

Post by cummingsjc »

Mikestib1 wrote:Unless you ditch the air box, install a full exhaust system, and install a big bore kit, you don't need a FI controller.
Does anyone make a Buddy 170-compatible BBK?
Mikestib1

170 big bore

Post by Mikestib1 »

I'm not aware of any. If you want more than 11hp like I do I bought a Yamaha 155 S max which makes almost 15. Of course it weighs more but handles well, has superior brakes and is good to 75mph.. Hard to beat the Buddy for what it is, a tiny, agile, fun scooter that is quick.
50 motorcycles and scooters from age 16 to 67. Loved every one but always had to sell one to buy the next, damn shame of economics. After spine surgery it's been all scooters. The light weight and CVT transmissions will let me ride as long as I breathe