My New Scoot!!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MoniqueKV

My New Scoot!!!

Post by MoniqueKV »

Excited about my new scooter!!! I am new to the scooter world and very excited about my new Genuine Buddy 125 Eclipse. I added red vertical stripes and a red top case. Super psyched for my commute this week!!!
Attachments
Bike2.jpg
Bike2.jpg (191.3 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Bike1.jpg
Bike1.jpg (185.47 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Very nice! I like your color scheme. But, you might consider adding matching black stripes to the red top case to tie it all together.

Welcome aboard.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Love the color scheme!

The black fades pretty fast, I'd highly recommend a good cover to keep it looking so sleek.
MoniqueKV

Post by MoniqueKV »

[quote="k1dude"]Very nice! I like your color scheme. But, you might consider adding matching black stripes to the red top case to tie it all together.

Welcome aboard.[/quote]

Thanks and I may just do that!
MoniqueKV

Post by MoniqueKV »

[quote="skully93"]Love the color scheme!

The black fades pretty fast, I'd highly recommend a good cover to keep it looking so sleek.[/quote]

Thanks. It will be in a garage most of the time - at work and at home - so hopefully that will help the color last a bit longer.
ahorsewithnoname

Eclipse?

Post by ahorsewithnoname »

What is a Buddy 125 Eclipse?

Confused, GGP
Dooglas

Re: Eclipse?

Post by Dooglas »

ahorsewithnoname wrote:What is a Buddy 125 Eclipse?
http://genuinescooters.com/eclipse.html
imgrubby

Post by imgrubby »

Very nice Eclipse. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
jd

Post by jd »

Congratulations! Take care of it, and it will take care of you!

You do not state how much riding experience you have, so pardon me if I'm underestimating you, but if you're using your Buddy to commute, then ride with your high beam on during the day and assume that you are still invisible to automobile traffic.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
MoniqueKV

Post by MoniqueKV »

[quote="jd"]Congratulations! Take care of it, and it will take care of you!

You do not state how much riding experience you have, so pardon me if I'm underestimating you, but if you're using your Buddy to commute, then ride with your high beam on during the day and assume that you are still invisible to automobile traffic.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. I do not have any real riding experience except having ridden around my neighborhood a few times and having recently took a motorcycle safety course, so advice is appreciated.

My commute is about 12 miles each way on streets only. I am going to drive the route a few times to get familiar with it, before I try riding my scooter. But my hope is to give it a shot on Friday.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

MoniqueKV wrote:
jd wrote:Congratulations! Take care of it, and it will take care of you!

You do not state how much riding experience you have, so pardon me if I'm underestimating you, but if you're using your Buddy to commute, then ride with your high beam on during the day and assume that you are still invisible to automobile traffic.
Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. I do not have any real riding experience except having ridden around my neighborhood a few times and having recently took a motorcycle safety course, so advice is appreciated.

My commute is about 12 miles each way on streets only. I am going to drive the route a few times to get familiar with it, before I try riding my scooter. But my hope is to give it a shot on Friday.
MoniqueKV,
Welcome to the forum and welcome to scootering.

Unrelated, you need to practice your quoting skills on this forum. You aren't doing something quite right with using the quote feature since your attempts at using quotes are running into your posts.
MoniqueKV

Post by MoniqueKV »

Rode my scooter into work today! Very nice ride. The scooter handles beautifully and I am getting used to it (and traffic). The real test will be this afternoon on my way home during rush hour, so wish me luck!!!!
jd

Post by jd »

Monique, what are you wearing for safety gear? It's always better to have regretted wearing too much safety gear than the opposite. If you're commuting, then at the minimum I'd suggest is a helmet, riding gloves (your hands are always the first thing to hit the ground) and a riding jacket with armor. The mesh ones that can breathe wouldn't be too hot for California.

Riding pants are a good idea, too, if you're not wearing something of substance on your legs.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
MoniqueKV

Post by MoniqueKV »

[quote="jd"]Monique, what are you wearing for safety gear? It's always better to have regretted wearing too much safety gear than the opposite. If you're commuting, then at the minimum I'd suggest is a helmet, riding gloves (your hands are always the first thing to hit the ground) and a riding jacket with armor. The mesh ones that can breathe wouldn't be too hot for California.

Riding pants are a good idea, too, if you're not wearing something of substance on your legs.[/quote]

Thanks JD. I am wearing a helmet, motorcycle gloves and a leather jacket with armor. I figured that I would aire on the side of caution.
jd

Post by jd »

Brilliant! You shall ride long and prosper!

And you will LOVE that Buddy. I have nearly 11,000 miles on mine and use it for all but the longest rides (for which I have my Burgman 400).
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Congrats on your new scoot. They are so much more fun to drive than cars. A 12 mile commute is a fair distance so that's pretty cool, too.

As others have mentioned, it's a good idea to assume that you are invisible to drivers. I wear a bright orange hunting vest and feel
that makes a huge difference in visibility. But not always. Visibility is #1 importance.

Best wishes to you.