2005 Piaggio BV 200 vs 2006 Genuine Blur 150

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ctbrook

2005 Piaggio BV 200 vs 2006 Genuine Blur 150

Post by ctbrook »

I'm considering one of these two used scooters. I really have no idea. What would you recommend me and why?
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

You need to give each a good test ride and compare first hand. They are two completely different scoots. BV200 is 20+ hp, water cooled 4 valve Vespa Leader engine. The BV has larger wheels, much higher top speed and is more expensive to maintain. The Blur is air cooled 2 valve. Both are good scooters, but suited to different needs. The valve adjustment on the Blur takes 20 minutes, not the case with the Piaggio. Can you work on the scooter yourself? If not how is the dealer support for both models in your area?
Last edited by DeeDee on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

I don't really know anything about scooters, motorcycles. There's a motorcycle shop around my are they fix scooters, motorcycles but I'm not sure if they'll work with any of these or how much they'll charge. I don't really have any motorcycle buddies so I'm on my own with no experience about anything at all. I don't even have an idea of how/how often to change oil etc. Never owned any type of vehicle myself other than driving/riding for very small amount of time.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

What do you plan on using the scooter for? How much do you weigh? Have you thought about a Buddy 125? Great scooter. Will do 60mph, easy to work on, built like an old Volvo and parts are cheap.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

I'm 5'7 and around 120lbs. I will be doing deliveries and also I'd like to use it as my main transportation. I'll stick to NYC most of the time but I'd like to go to Upstate NY and NJ as well so that'll be bridges, tunnels, expressway, freeway, parkway. I guess I can avoid the highways I'm not sure. I don't really know much about roads either since the only vehicle I owned is a bicycle and I have very limited experience with cars, bikes. Don't even know exact difference between expressway, freeway, highway. I'd think about anything that'll be good for me as long as I can afford it since I have no idea about what would be good for me to get.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Both are quality scooters with a great reputation for reliability. That being said, most of them (BV and Blur) are taken good care of by their owners. DeeDee said it best and I cant really add anything. Call around and see if any of the shops will work on them. Then again, basic maintenance is pretty easy on both with the help of some YouTube how-to's. Interesting choice you have. Sit on and test ride both. Look at native storage. Remember you needs and what you are buying it for.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

What is your riding experience level on scooters or motorcycles? Are you licensed on them? Have you taken a Basic Rider's Course? I recommend you start with that course before making your purchase.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

DeeDee wrote:You need to give each a good test ride and compare first hand. They are two completely different scoots. BV200 is 20+ hp, water cooled 4 valve Vespa Leader engine. The BV has larger wheels, much higher top speed and is more expensive to maintain. The Blur is air cooled 2 valve. Both are good scooters, but suited to different needs. The valve adjustment on the Blur takes 20 minutes, not the case with the Piaggio. Can you work on the scooter yourself? If not how is the dealer support for both models in your area?
Blur is air cooled two valve. so I'd have to mix gas and oil on the Blur? I have no idea about vehicles and this is making me crazyy!! :) I have a lot to learn. What type of gas/oil to use etc. I don't even know how/where to look and understand which vehicle needs what :(
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

cummingsjc wrote:What is your riding experience level on scooters or motorcycles? Are you licensed on them? Have you taken a Basic Rider's Course? I recommend you start with that course before making your purchase.
I've never owned any type of vehicle before. I took MSS Basic Riding Course on a 500cc Harley Davidson. I got my license at the end of the course.
Syd

Post by Syd »

ctbrook wrote:
DeeDee wrote:You need to give each a good test ride and compare first hand. They are two completely different scoots. BV200 is 20+ hp, water cooled 4 valve Vespa Leader engine. The BV has larger wheels, much higher top speed and is more expensive to maintain. The Blur is air cooled 2 valve. Both are good scooters, but suited to different needs. The valve adjustment on the Blur takes 20 minutes, not the case with the Piaggio. Can you work on the scooter yourself? If not how is the dealer support for both models in your area?
Blur is air cooled two valve. so I'd have to mix gas and oil on the Blur? I have no idea about vehicles and this is making me crazyy!! :) I have a lot to learn. What type of gas/oil to use etc. I don't even know how/where to look and understand which vehicle needs what :(
The Blur has a two-valve head, not a 2-stroke engine, so no oil in the gas. Same for the BV.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Even though I have a Blur (though highly modified), I would not recommend one if you plan on going on any freeway (no signal lights) or highway (may have some signal lights) that requires sustained 65 mph+ speeds. A stock Blur can only do a true (GPS) 60 mph, and only if there are no hills. Also, the wheels are pretty small, so it can get a little squirrelly on the freeway, plus it's relatively light which means every time a big truck or bus goes by, you'll experience anal pucker power, if you know what I mean. Lastly, the Blur was designed to be a "sports" scooter, so the suspension may be a little too firm for some people's taste. Don't get me wrong, I love my Blur, and, though mine can do a sustained (GPS) 70 mph, it still gets squirrelly on the freeway and passing buses still makes my rear end pucker. It's my main transportation within the city limits and prefer it over driving my car.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

ctbrook wrote:
cummingsjc wrote:What is your riding experience level on scooters or motorcycles? Are you licensed on them? Have you taken a Basic Rider's Course? I recommend you start with that course before making your purchase.
I've never owned any type of vehicle before. I took MSS Basic Riding Course on a 500cc Harley Davidson. I got my license at the end of the course.
Great start! Too many folks jump into riding with no experience and no training on something that is too big (either physically or power-wise) for their ability. The Basic Rider Course has lots of good information and riding techniques. Whichever ride you buy, ensure that you start riding the scooter in a manner and on routes appropriate to your beginner skill level. Don't try and go directly onto the most active streets in your area first thing until you get your confidence and skill level up nd gradually work up from there. A good rule of thumb is that if it makes you uncomfortable to ride in an area/certain time of day/etc, don't do it.

Additionally, I would search out fellow scooter riders via this forum, local motorsports shops, Facebook, Meetup Groups, etc and ride with them. Besides the fun social aspects of riding with a group of other scooter riders, they will be great sources of information for riding techniques, maintenance advice, accessories, etc.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

The Blur has a two-valve head, not a 2-stroke engine, so no oil in the gas. Same for the BV.

This is not an accurate statement. Blur has one exhaust valve and one intake valve. It is an air cooled machine with a top speed of aruond 60. Comes with 13" wheels.

The BV200 has two exhaust valves and two intake valves. It is water cooled with a top speed of 75 and 16" wheels. Most any scooter out there bigger than 50cc is a 4 stroke with no oil in the gas.

The BV200 is a failry complicated machine, and maintenance is probably not for a beginner.

At your size, I would take a look at the Buddy 125. Here is a thread comparing the Blur 150 to the Buddy 125:
topic3709.html

The brand new Buddy 125 is basically the exact same scooter that was first introduced in 2006. It is an extremely well built scooter, parts are cheap and plentiful. A mechanically inclined beginner would be able to do all the ongoing maintenance on a 125.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

ctbrook wrote:I don't really know anything about scooters, motorcycles. There's a motorcycle shop around my are they fix scooters, motorcycles but I'm not sure if they'll work with any of these or how much they'll charge. I don't really have any motorcycle buddies so I'm on my own with no experience about anything at all. I don't even have an idea of how/how often to change oil etc. Never owned any type of vehicle myself other than driving/riding for very small amount of time.
Well, you could always stop in at the shop and ask them if they'll work on those 2 scooters and if so, how much they'll charge. That's how we learn. We go to the experts and ask questions. I would also second DeeDee's suggestion: think seriously about a Buddy 125 or a 150 or 170i. Rock solid and plenty of parts and service support.

Bill in Seattle
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I'd avoid both, especially if it's your main transportation. Maintenance and repairs on the BV are astronomically expensive and Blur parts are going to become less and less available.

It sounds like you'd be a perfect candidate for a Rebel 250.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

dasscooter wrote:I'd avoid both, especially if it's your main transportation. Maintenance and repairs on the BV are astronomically expensive and Blur parts are going to become less and less available.

Honda Rebel 250? Standard Motorcycle not a cruiser not a scooter , right?
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Yeah. It would be a better option for your needs. You'll have to shift but it's one of the easiest bikes to learn on and run around the city with because it has a really low first gear. Super easy to take off. It's also about the same size as a BV 200
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Most of your riding will be making deliveries in Manhattan, with an occasional trek to other Burroughs?

The Rebel has 5 speeds, you have to climb over the tank to get on the bike and it weighs almost 350lbs.

Before you buy, you should at least test ride a Buddy. They are easy to ride and a blast.

For in city riding, you can't beat the Buddy.
anton walbrook

Post by anton walbrook »

dasscooter wrote:I'd avoid both, especially if it's your main transportation. Maintenance and repairs on the BV are astronomically expensive and Blur parts are going to become less and less available.

Or a horrible candidate, if you want a scooter and not a motorcycle. Kymco would be a better choice, or a Honda PCX. That's a great scooter.
jd

Post by jd »

ctbrook wrote:I'm 5'7 and around 120lbs. I will be doing deliveries and also I'd like to use it as my main transportation. I'll stick to NYC most of the time but I'd like to go to Upstate NY and NJ as well so that'll be bridges, tunnels, expressway, freeway, parkway. I guess I can avoid the highways I'm not sure. I don't really know much about roads either since the only vehicle I owned is a bicycle and I have very limited experience with cars, bikes. Don't even know exact difference between expressway, freeway, highway. I'd think about anything that'll be good for me as long as I can afford it since I have no idea about what would be good for me to get.
You need a bike that can handle a lot of situations. I think the Blur is too small, and the Buddy is DEFINITELY too small for the expressway stuff. Piaggio is a good bike, but could be expensive to keep on the road.

At the risk of complicating your decision, I'd recommend you check out a Suzuki Burgman 400. It can handle the expressway, isn't too big for around town, has lots of storage capacity, and parts and service should be readily available. Based on your professed lack of mechanical experience, I'd assume that you won't be doing any of your own maintenance (at least for a while), so you definitely need to check out the local motorcycle/scooter shops. There's got to be a decent Suzuki dealership in NYC. And I see a few Burgman 400's in Craigslist in the NYC area.

BTW, avoid the larger Burgman 650. Great bike, but probably more than you want to mess with in Manhattan.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

jd wrote:
ctbrook wrote:I'm 5'7 and around 120lbs. I will be doing deliveries and also I'd like to use it as my main transportation. I'll stick to NYC most of the time but I'd like to go to Upstate NY and NJ as well so that'll be bridges, tunnels, expressway, freeway, parkway. I guess I can avoid the highways I'm not sure. I don't really know much about roads either since the only vehicle I owned is a bicycle and I have very limited experience with cars, bikes. Don't even know exact difference between expressway, freeway, highway. I'd think about anything that'll be good for me as long as I can afford it since I have no idea about what would be good for me to get.
You need a bike that can handle a lot of situations. I think the Blur is too small, and the Buddy is DEFINITELY too small for the expressway stuff. Piaggio is a good bike, but could be expensive to keep on the road.

At the risk of complicating your decision, I'd recommend you check out a Suzuki Burgman 400. It can handle the expressway, isn't too big for around town, has lots of storage capacity, and parts and service should be readily available. Based on your professed lack of mechanical experience, I'd assume that you won't be doing any of your own maintenance (at least for a while), so you definitely need to check out the local motorcycle/scooter shops. There's got to be a decent Suzuki dealership in NYC. And I see a few Burgman 400's in Craigslist in the NYC area.

BTW, avoid the larger Burgman 650. Great bike, but probably more than you want to mess with in Manhattan.
Suzuki Burgman 400. I just checked on the craigslist. It looks nice but 2003 Suzuki burgman 400 is $1700 and pretty far away from where I live. Motorcycle would be fine but I think it would be tiring to ride a motorcycle all day to do deliveries.
jd

Post by jd »

What are you delivering?
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

What I deliver changes. Sometimes food, sometimes bags with things in them usually not anything that won't stay in my insulated backpack.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

My advice is to find a good, slightly used Buddy 125 for about $1000-$1200 and ride that around NYC for a while to see if you like it. As previously stated, the Buddy 125 has adequate power for in-city riding, is relatively light weight, quite nimble, and has good fuel economy. The Buddy 125 engine is pretty bulletproof and almost any motorsports repair shop should be able to do engine work (it is definitely not high tech). Body parts, engine parts, and accessories are plentiful from lots of online sources.

If you don't like riding at all after using the Buddy it should not be difficult to resell the scooter and recoup most of your initial investment. If it works out that you do like riding, but the Buddy isn't enough for you, you can always trade up for a bigger scooter or motorcycle once you get more experience.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

They're sold so now I can consider getting anything. I'm tired of riding bicycle for long hours and it's now even harder with the wind
jd

Post by jd »

cummingsjc wrote:My advice is to find a good, slightly used Buddy 125 for about $1000-$1200 and ride that around NYC for a while to see if you like it. As previously stated, the Buddy 125 has adequate power for in-city riding, is relatively light weight, quite nimble, and has good fuel economy. The Buddy 125 engine is pretty bulletproof and almost any motorsports repair shop should be able to do engine work (it is definitely not high tech). Body parts, engine parts, and accessories are plentiful from lots of online sources.

If you don't like riding at all after using the Buddy it should not be difficult to resell the scooter and recoup most of your initial investment. If it works out that you do like riding, but the Buddy isn't enough for you, you can always trade up for a bigger scooter or motorcycle once you get more experience.
On second thought, I think this is a great idea. If, after some time and experience, you decide you want something that can handle the expressways to expand your range, come on back here and get suggestions on best upgrade alternatives

I wouldn't have written this a couple of years ago, but some of the inexpensive scooters from mainland China could serve you well in the city, especially brands like Tao Tao, Peace, or CF Moto.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

There's this one I just saw. What do you say?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/5853078998.html
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

If memory serves me correct, its a China scooter. I would pass.
jd

Post by jd »

I wouldn't rule it out just because it's a Chinese scooter. They're getting better all the time. There's no mention of mileage, although it looks pretty decent in the picture and tires seem to have a lot of mileage left on them.

Main issue is service and parts. I'd ask the seller where it was purchased and where service can be obtained. Then I'd make a call to the service provider to confirm it. If all that checks out, then go take a look at it and give it a spin.

Be advised that for that amount of money, you can probably buy a NEW 50cc Chinese scooter. You'd want the 150cc if you plan to tackle the FDR, though.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

My personal opinion would be to take a look at that Yager: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/5851776728.html Fuel injected, reliable brand, good parts availability and 200cc should get you most anywhere you want to go. I would think the price, at this time of year, should be negotiable as well. Whacha all think?
jd

Post by jd »

Dage'sVew wrote:My personal opinion would be to take a look at that Yager: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/5851776728.html Fuel injected, reliable brand, good parts availability and 200cc should get you most anywhere you want to go. I would think the price, at this time of year, should be negotiable as well. Whacha all think?
Can't go wrong with that one.
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

I don't own that particular Kymco model, but I own five other Kymco scooters ranging from 168 to 250cc and I can attest that they are a quality built scooter. The only negative is that because they are a relatively unknown Asian (Taiwan) company, people tend to lump Kymcos in with other cheap Chinese scooters which ends up hurting their resale values (if that's a concern). Japanese bikes (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki) hold their values much better than Kymcos.

I took the liberty of looking up the KBB value of that Yager 200i, in excellent condition, and trade-in value is $1,235 and Dealer retail is $1,880. That bike is probably worth something in the middle of those two values. I've always uses KBB's values as a bargaining tool when I negotiate a price with a seller.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

giddyup98 wrote:I don't own that particular Kymco model, but I own five other Kymco scooters ranging from 168 to 250cc and I can attest that they are a quality built scooter. The only negative is that because they are a relatively unknown Asian (Taiwan) company, people tend to lump Kymcos in with other cheap Chinese scooters which ends up hurting their resale values (if that's a concern). Japanese bikes (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki) hold their values much better than Kymcos.

I took the liberty of looking up the KBB value of that Yager 200i, in excellent condition, and trade-in value is $1,235 and Dealer retail is $1,880. That bike is probably worth something in the middle of those two values. I've always uses KBB's values as a bargaining tool when I negotiate a price with a seller.
This is neither here nor there, but KYMCO is a pretty well known brand everywhere accept in the US were scooter riding is still in it's infancy. They are one of the biggest scooter/motorcycle and OEM manufacturers in Taiwan. While I was living/working there, KYMCO and SYM were the most dominant brands I saw on the streets. Just to add some weight to that, at the time I was there, scooters out numbered cars 5 to 1.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

The Kymco Yager is a nice scoot. We have a Grand Vista 250 for sale here locally and if I had the space and use for it, I would let it follow me home. Go look at the Yager.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

It looks like I might be getting Suzuki GZ250. What do you think and advise
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I think that is a good entry level bike. Single cylinder, only one carb to mess with. Can get on the freeway if you have to. I've seen nice ones near me sell for as low as $1,200.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

Someone is selling 2009 Suzuki GZ250 with 6k miles for $1000 it has rust and some bumps, scratches but clear vin check history
http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/mcy/5868424478.html
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

ctbrook wrote:Someone is selling 2009 Suzuki GZ250 with 6k miles for $1000 it has rust and some bumps, scratches but clear vin check history
http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/mcy/5868424478.html
I like that description. It sounds perfect for a learner bike and you will probably be able to sell it for what you paid for it. Do you happen to have a friend who rides who can look it over for you? Used bikes tend to need a battery and a carb cleaning and oil change and maybe tires, especially the rear tire, so be sure to factor the cost of these into your budget. Don't wear a used helmet even if it is offered for free. There are lots of sites that discount them but it's best to try them on for fit at a bricksnmorter shop.

Let us know what you decide and be sure to post pics. We love pics!
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

I found another 2009 Suzuki GZ250 around the same area for $1100 and got it found it to be better but after getting it I realized the tail light isn't working it only works when I brake and I'm stuck here can't go have been trying to find some solution by myself because no motorcycle place was open at the time it's night time now
Syd

Post by Syd »

Do you mean the tail light (running light) doesn't work? Pull the lens and check the bulb.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

I checked the bulb. There's only one bulb. Bulb is working. Just in case I replaced the bulb with a new one it's still same problem. I managed to get home by taping a light to the back of the motorcycle and I connected it to the battery using speaker wires so I could get home. There's also problem with both mirrors. They don't stay in place they keep going down. I made sure the bolts are tight but still same issue.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

also I couldn't get the wheel/handle bar locked when parked. If you shut it off in first gear it's be locked from my knowledge.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The tail light bulb has two filaments. One usually burns out before the other. Did you replace the bulb with the correct two filament bulb? Now, about locking the steering column. It sometimes takes a little moving back and forth to get the pin into the recess in the steering tube. I don't understand what you are getting at about 1st gear, however.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

ctbrook wrote:also I couldn't get the wheel/handle bar locked when parked. If you shut it off in first gear it's be locked from my knowledge.
Leaving it parked in first gear doesn't enhance it's security. All a thief has to do is pull the clutch in and fiddle with the shifter to get it into neutral, then he can just roll it away. Granted, the steering lock is only a minor annoyance to most thieves (couple whacks with a slide hammer and out she pops), but anything you can do to slow them down helps.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

Yes, I got two filament bulb. I couldn't figure out locking the handle bars and also couldn't figure out how to turn on the emergency lights. By the way I had survived last minute calls, accidents already. These drivers are crazy. Thanks to the MSS course. I also had handle bars moving quickly to both sides back and forth (I don't know how to name the situation) while on bridge where trucks go like monsters and I handled very well. I'm so thankful that I went to MSS course and in thinking about even getting more lessons or attending to other courses with MSS. Now I understand even better how important decision I made by taking the MSS Basic Riding Course. I highly recommend it to anyone who has never taken the course. Be safe and thank you for being such a nice and helpful motorcycle buddies. I met three other riders on my block and were already helping each other and hanging out. I love being part of the rider community. Be safe.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

ctbrook wrote:Yes, I got two filament bulb. I couldn't figure out locking the handle bars and also couldn't figure out how to turn on the emergency lights. By the way I had survived last minute calls, accidents already. These drivers are crazy. Thanks to the MSS course. I also had handle bars moving quickly to both sides back and forth (I don't know how to name the situation) while on bridge where trucks go like monsters and I handled very well. I'm so thankful that I went to MSS course and in thinking about even getting more lessons or attending to other courses with MSS. Now I understand even better how important decision I made by taking the MSS Basic Riding Course. I highly recommend it to anyone who has never taken the course. Be safe and thank you for being such a nice and helpful motorcycle buddies. I met three other riders on my block and were already helping each other and hanging out. I love being part of the rider community. Be safe.
A little wobbling/wandering on a gridded bridge deck is normal. But rapid side-to-side oscillation (called a tank-slapper) is not. It is a very dangerous situation and can be caused by a number of things such as improperly-inflated or worn tire (s), loose steering head bearings, or damage from an accident. Since the GZ has spoked wheels, could also be loose or badly-adjusted spokes. The problem you're having in getting the steering lock to work, combined with this oscillation makes me think that there may be something wrong with the bike's front end. I do all my own work, but if that's not a possibility for you, I'd recommend that you have the bike checked out by a qualified mechanic.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

Do you guys know where this cable supposed to be connected to? It's out in the open right now.

CEZ2011

Carb tub

Post by CEZ2011 »

That is not a cable, it should be a piece of rubber tube, it should hang straight down and does not connect to anything. It is drain tube for the carb, in case you had to drain the gas. At the base of the carb where the tube connects there should be a drain screw.

In respect to your wobble, if it was sever that is tank slap. You should check the tires for the correct pressure. The prior post about wobble on grated bridge services is correct so it could be a combination of things including in correct tire pressure. If your GZ came with the owners manual the correct pressures should be listed. Tire pressure will change with changes in temperature and the temps in the NE have been dropping.

You may want to have bike checked over for some basic fastener tightening, oil change and chain adjustment.

Another thing is your tail light and steering lock issue. You may have a faulty ignition switch. I am not sure on the GZ but many bikes have the circuits for the lights go through the switch. This could effect headlights, parking lights, and the tail light but not the brake light.
ctbrook

Post by ctbrook »

I just wanted to tell you guys my experience so far. It's been three weeks since I got this bike and it's been giving me a lot of issues. The bike shop I took it to told me the tires, relay, rotor need to be replaced with new ones. Carburetor needs to be cleaned and synchronized. I'm looking at a lot more than what the bike costs. I already spent money. I got stuck on the road. Rented uhaul, spent a lot. I didn't even have much chance to experience and enjoy the ride. Haven't been able to do anything in my life since I got this bike. I was thinking there was short in the electronics because the bike would just turn off. Couple of times the fuse was out and I changed the fuse but it happened again and then didn't turn on then a day later turned on. My first bike and I'm already tired of it because of all these problems. I'm thinking of selling it and financing a brand new bike. Maybe Harley Davidson? I don't know what I'll get. I didn't really wanna finance but it seems like used bikes will always give some problems.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

You're probably on the wrong forum for getting much support towards buying a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I would recommend you either go back to the original "buy a scooter" idea or go with a new or gently used starter motorcycle, something like a Honda Rebel 250.

Older Harleys were notorious for being mechanically unreliable ("Why do Harleys have saddlebags? So you can carry your tools in them to fix your bike.") and although the newer ones seem to be much better, they are very expensive for what you are getting. If you like the Harley look, go check out the Indian brand first. I have heard much better reviews of their bikes from a truly objective view point. Personally, I would look at a scooter in the 170 to 250 range as a first bike then trade up if you like the experience.