going full potato on my 50cc 2t buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Meis

going full potato on my 50cc 2t buddy

Post by Meis »

Well I am not sure when, where or how it happened but as I sit down in my workshop I can't help but see all the parts I recently bought for my 50cc buddy... I think I may have gone off the deep end...

I'm looking at,
Polini Sport 70cc kit
NCY CVT kit for zuma 50 2t part number 1200-1197
Stage 6 pro rep pipe
Pod filter
Digital tachometer
Digital CHT gauge
Tons of mikuni style carb jets for my stock carb
Coil on plug pack from a crown vic with wiring harness

That's a lot of stuff... I am ready to start tossing stuff on to see what it'll do. Hopefully my stock carb will be up to the task. If not, what larger aftermarket carbs use the same jets as the stock carb? What size carb would be appropriate? I was thinking 17.5 or 19mm tops for this setup as the kit is just a sport 70cc
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

"Full Potato" is a cool expression. I've never heard it before. Good luck on all your modifications. I think you are going to enjoy the process. Nice to have the skills to do all that.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Ah, tuning a 2 stroke. Fun times indeed. You picked a good selection of parts, now to get them tuned correctly. If that is the Polini cast iron cylinder its not that hard to dial it in, the aluminum kit is a bit more tedious. Is the Stage 6 Pro Rep powerband a match for the cylinders powerband? I think it should be. I only know Malossi cylinders and Yasuni exhaust. I still have a 05 Yamaha Zuma sitting in the garage. It was crazy fast (66mph-gps confirmed) before being put back to stock to be sold. Still has the Doppler full circle crank and Malossi main bearings in it, along with a Leo ZX exhaust and carbon fiber reeds. I may just run it to the store today. Let it breath a bit. Anyways, you will learn much from your Full Potato build! Take your time and enjoy your success!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

well, this settles it.
Attachments
full potatoe.jpg
full potatoe.jpg (21.45 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I usually tell people to go Half Spud (Stage 1=exhaust and variator) and learn the basics before going Full Potato (Stage 2=exhaust, vario, 70cc cylinder, crank, etc.). When I hear that Full Potato phrase, I think DEVO.