Buddy 125 Phone Holder

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scooterbro

Buddy 125 Phone Holder

Post by scooterbro »

I've been looking for a way to hold my phone on the Buddy 125. Has anyone had any success in finding or creating some contraption?

At one point I was thinking of using a suction cop on top of the speedometer to hold the phone.[/b]
jd

Post by jd »

Ram Mount makes a solution to mount just about anything anywhere. Take a look at their website to find the pieces you need. Their stuff is all available on Amazon.com.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Just be careful if you use a RAM Mount X-Grip. I had a phone bounce loose from an X-Grip several months ago at 65 MPH. Unfortunately the phone did not survive the drop. I would recommend that you find a way to "dummy cord" the phone to the bike or put a rubber band around the rubber prongs that hold the phone to ensure that it can't come open.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Really, you are much better off having the phone tucked safely away in an inside jacket pocket. If something happens and you get thrown from your scooter then your phone is with you and accessible to use to call for help OR to provide emergency contact information to EMTs, etc.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Whimscootie wrote:Really, you are much better off having the phone tucked safely away in an inside jacket pocket. If something happens and you get thrown from your scooter then your phone is with you and accessible to use to call for help OR to provide emergency contact information to EMTs, etc.
THIS.

Tucked away, safely ready when you get to your destination or happen to be thrown from the bike.

If you don't wear a jacket, then what's wrong with the pet carrier? Am I missing something? Is there a reason you would want your phone front and center while riding a scooter?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

JettaKnight wrote:
Whimscootie wrote:Really, you are much better off having the phone tucked safely away in an inside jacket pocket. If something happens and you get thrown from your scooter then your phone is with you and accessible to use to call for help OR to provide emergency contact information to EMTs, etc.
THIS.

Tucked away, safely ready when you get to your destination or happen to be thrown from the bike.

If you don't wear a jacket, then what's wrong with the pet carrier? Am I missing something? Is there a reason you would want your phone front and center while riding a scooter?
I'm a fan of keeping the phone in my pocket, either jacket or pants. There's too many distractions in this world, my mind needs to be on riding and watching for all those distracted drivers whose eyes are on their phones and other devices whilst driving.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Having the phone in a spot where it can be seen while riding allows it to be used as a GPS. This can be critical for when riding in areas of which the rider has no/limited knowledge. It can be an invaluable tool when used correctly, just as if it was being used in a car. Coupling this with a Bluetooth capable helmet and it works great. Ideally, the rider limits his interactions with with the phone or pulls over to use it.

If you don't wish to use your phone in this manner, so be it. However, many of us do and have never had an issue with it. The original poster question was about how to mount a phone on his Buddy, not whether he should or not.
scooterbro

Post by scooterbro »

cummingsjc is pretty spot on. I'd like to be able to use a GPS/Speedometer app while riding. I don't mess with my phone while I use my scooter. It just don't feel safe and I would hope that is common sense.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

scooterbro wrote:cummingsjc is pretty spot on. I'd like to be able to use a GPS/Speedometer app while riding. I don't mess with my phone while I use my scooter. It just don't feel safe and I would hope that is common sense.
Now that makes sense. My apologies if my questioning offended - I've never ridden my Buddy into unknown parts, or if I did, getting lost was part of the fun.
scooterbro

Post by scooterbro »

It's not problem at all... buddy! :o

@JettaKnight
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

I use a cheap Garmin on my scoot and keep my iphone in my pocket. It's a lot cheaper to replace a Garmin than it is to replace an iphone in the event it accidentally falls off my bike or gets stolen if I forget to put it in my trunk when I'm away from my scoot.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200