Buddy 170i, what model battery?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

poppersmoke

Buddy 170i, what model battery?

Post by poppersmoke »

Hi! I'd like to buy a spare battery for my 170i.
The model number for my current battery is: XTAX7A-BS.
Every time I shop for this model online, I get other options as compatible. For instance, YTX7A-BS comes up a lot. Will other models truly work and fit in the tight compartment?

Thanks in advance and happy scooting.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The first two/three letters of the battery code are the manufacturer, so there are a number of alternatives there. There are also some other sizes of higher capacity batteries which will fit in the compartment, although some require cutting of the protrusions under the cover. There are many past discussions here on this subject.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

I've been very satisfied with the Mighty Max YTZ10S battery. (https://www.mightymaxbattery.com/p34621 ... ttery.html). It's a higher capacity battery in the same size package as the OEM Buddy battery. Less $$ too.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Yes, that is a good choice. We are running the PTZ10S in our 125. Seems to have plenty of reserve power, and is a straight forward exchange for the OEM battery as you say.
poppersmoke

Post by poppersmoke »

Thanks for the info. I'm kinda new at this. Will the YTZ10S also work for, and fit, a Buddy 170i?
Meis

Post by Meis »

poppersmoke wrote:Thanks for the info. I'm kinda new at this. Will the YTZ10S also work for, and fit, a Buddy 170i?
IIRC all the buddies utilize the same battery tray panel so yes