Page 1 of 1

Replacement part for front inner VIN panel??

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm
by trevorparsons
Scoured the internet but I can't seem to find a replacement part for it anywhere -- probably because it usually has the vehicle's VIN on it. (The part number is 15 on the Buddy diagram and SKU of P5623010650.)

My scooter was stolen but recently recovered and this part was removed. Obviously I'm not so concerned about replacing it with a piece that has my scooter's VIN on it, but I'd like to get a piece of plastic that fits the mold so it's not just an open hole in my inner cover.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 am
by DeeDee
Is this what you need? ... Sc&vxp=mtr

This guy is a good seller. I've bought from him before.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm
by trevorparsons
I just need that small rectangular panel towards the lower half in the middle, called the VIN cover plate in his eBay listing.

I was able to get a quote from my local Genuine dealer on it. The part costs $5 from the manufacturer, then $15 to special order/ship, then they want to charge another $12 to ship from the store to me (though I live 2 miles away and asked if I could just come get it). It's a small piece of plastic that weights maybe 2 ounces. Not really trying to pay $32 for it. :(

I did send this eBay seller a message asking if he has one for sale though. Thank you for pointing him out!

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 pm
by Yalzin
I'll see if I can find one in the shop. I'm sure there are some floating around somewhere back there.

I work at Wick's (the link posted above - Thanks for the endorsement, DeeDee!).