Suggestions for scooter cover

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mukaiboston

Suggestions for scooter cover

Post by mukaiboston »

I've owned two scooters over the course of five years and have run through about five covers. I admit, one of these losses was totally my fault, I left the cover laying in the driveway on a windy day and it blew away. Three of them became ripped after about a year's use.

These things aren't cheap. I just need to find something durable and small that won't deteriorate like this. And I need it to protect against the rain obviously. One of the covers I threw out because the rain literally seeped through the cover.

What are people using?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Ollies "Simoniz" XL motorcycle cover. $12. Last around a year, or two if you are lucky. Works good enough for the price. It is pretty water proof also. Minus points for no heat shield lining on the exhaust side.
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

Over-sized, heavy duty BBQ covers make great scooter covers. Most cheap scooter covers are not completely water proof.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
mukaiboston

Post by mukaiboston »

Hmm, ok thanks. I guess these covers aren't meant to last that long?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

We don't have a garage so I am hell on covers.

I've tried a lot of them. The wind and sun combo is brutal to plastics so keep them covered up.

The cheap ones always tear and don't seem to do much. The expensive ones wear a little slower.

I picked up these for 2 of my bikes, one bigger, one smaller http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HNFDYSU

For $20, I'm happy.

so far they've lasted a long time, keep the snow off, and are heavy duty. They're also lined so it doesn't scratch everything all to hell.

The bad is that they don't fold up really small, so if you like to take it with you, you'd need to strap it down. They're also not very flexible when cold. However, they've lasted pretty well!

I bought another brand that they no longer make 3 years ago that my wife still uses. The cover is very faded, but works well.

Good luck!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Ditto. I had a Prima that I bought with the scoot in 2011, but the wind, snow, ice, and UV finally did it in. I came out one day to see that the windshield was sticking up out of a brand-new slit.

I picked up a DowCo scooter cover a couple months ago on Amazon. Seems well made, and so far, so good this winter.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!