scooterpaint.com

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jelbi

scooterpaint.com

Post by Jelbi »

Hello Folks...

I created a new website called scooterpaint.com and we provide a huge range of Touch Up Paint products for Genuine Stella and Buddy / Piaggio-Vespa / SYM Lance and other scooters.

We offer Touch up pens - 2 oz Jars - Aerosols - Half Pints - Pints and even Quarts for most colors.

Please visit my new scooter website www.scooterpaint.com if you ever want to restore, refinish or touch up your scooter.
Scooterpaint.com

The Color is in the Can.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Good name. Tupp was hard for me to remember.I always had to look at the card in my rolodex.

I can attest that its good paint and the match is right. I have used them a few times.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Great idea, but I can't seem to be able to select a color. When I tap on glossy titanium, nothing happens. Tried selecting another color, same thing, nothing happens.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

babblefish wrote:Great idea, but I can't seem to be able to select a color. When I tap on glossy titanium, nothing happens. Tried selecting another color, same thing, nothing happens.
It works in IE, but not Firefox or Chrome so far.
Syd

Post by Syd »

skully93 wrote:
babblefish wrote:Great idea, but I can't seem to be able to select a color. When I tap on glossy titanium, nothing happens. Tried selecting another color, same thing, nothing happens.
It works in IE, but not Firefox or Chrome so far.
Up to Adding to Cart it works fine for me in Firefox 44.02. Do you have a older version?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
laurfunkle

Post by laurfunkle »

Also works in Safari (for me, at least).
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Stella GB150 color?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

OK, it works on my desktop computer running Firefox 44.0.2
Guess it doesn't like running on a Samsung tablet using Android. Most of the colors I want doesn't seem to be available, but that's OK because the prices are a bit too high for me. Wanting to repaint my scoot so wanted to buy a quart of color and clear. Time to check an automotive paint store I guess.
george54

Post by george54 »

babblefish wrote:OK, it works on my desktop computer running Firefox 44.0.2
Guess it doesn't like running on a Samsung tablet using Android. Most of the colors I want doesn't seem to be available, but that's OK because the prices are a bit too high for me. Wanting to repaint my scoot so wanted to buy a quart of color and clear. Time to check an automotive paint store I guess.
Did you never try buying a quart of automotive paint? It isn't going to be cheap there either.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

george54 wrote:Did you never try buying a quart of automotive paint? It isn't going to be cheap there either.
I have to admit that I haven't bought any automotive paint in a few years, but the last time I did, It was something like $45 for a quart of 2-part polyurethane. I'll have to contact friends outside of Calif to have them check the current prices for me since only water based paint is available here now.
Jelbi

Post by Jelbi »

We actually do not yet have that color available.. I am in process - looking for a part to match the color - if you are willing to let us borrow a small painted part we can formulate it and make it available.

If interested - Please message me for more information or email me at scooterpaint@yahoo.com and I can tell you about our paint for parts program

I am willing to offer a discount on a quart etc.
Scooterpaint.com

The Color is in the Can.
Jelbi

Post by Jelbi »

Thank you kindly for the input on browser issues. It's very helpful and I will be working to fix any such problems. It is a new site but if you have any questions or you wish to order in the mean time please feel free to contact me through MB or my email.

I have also noticed a problem with the site on mobile devices and need to correct that issue asap.
Scooterpaint.com

The Color is in the Can.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Jelbi wrote:
We actually do not yet have that color available.. I am in process - looking for a part to match the color - if you are willing to let us borrow a small painted part we can formulate it and make it available.

If interested - Please message me for more information or email me at scooterpaint@yahoo.com and I can tell you about our paint for parts program

I am willing to offer a discount on a quart etc.
Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm changing the color of my scooter so I don't have any examples for you to match. Just curious, are your paints water based or are they a one part urethane?
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Just got off the phone with Josh at Scooterpaint.

I was returning his call.....he was verifying my color selection on my light blue Stella.

Nice follow up......class act.....I'll report back when the paint arrives and I check the match.

Rob
Jelbi

Post by Jelbi »

Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm changing the color of my scooter so I don't have any examples for you to match. Just curious, are your paints water based or are they a one part urethane?[/quote]

Very sorry for the delay Babblefish- It's a Urethane base paint. I can send you detail information on it sometime if you like.

Maybe you may want to select an existing Color when you paint your scooter.
Just a thought

Good luck with your project
Scooterpaint.com

The Color is in the Can.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Robbie wrote:Just got off the phone with Josh at Scooterpaint.

I was returning his call.....he was verifying my color selection on my light blue Stella.

Nice follow up......class act.....I'll report back when the paint arrives and I check the match.

Rob
This is a follow up to the above.

Recieved the paint/clear/primer today from jelbi sales, aka Scooterpaint.

Was in today's mail, 3/1/16.
Won't be able to check the match for a month though.....still winter here.

Fast turnaround though.....those of us with Genuine scooters appear to finally have a 'Go To' for our touch up needs.

Rob
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Hi Guys,

Just my two cents about TUPP/Scooterpaint. I ordered the blue and glosscoat to match my Stella, and painted the wheel rims last summer. The match was perfect. Expensive yes, but perfect color match, also yes. Ease of use: I prepped the parts according to the instructions and painted in my back yard. The only special thing in did was to whack up a tall sawhorse to hang the rim halves from using coat hangar wire.

Pics in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=28995&highlight=
RoughRider

Post by RoughRider »

Looking for RoughHouse "Titanium" paint.