Buddy 125, tires are too small!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Joel Buddy 125

Buddy 125, tires are too small!

Post by Joel Buddy 125 »

I goofed recently and realized i got the wrong size tires mounted on my buddy 125. They are 90/90-10's. Since I just payed to buy and mount them I'm wondering if anyone thinks there is a safety concern with riding on these tires?

I believe my speedo will read even faster than it usually does, and i might rack up a few more miles. But I don"t really see any other major issue, its about a 9mm diameter difference in total.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I got the correct size tires but they got a weird profile, here is what I noticed. Watch the left turns, your center stand tang is now extra close to the ground! Watch long, WOT runs-your RPM's will be higher AND your mpg's will suffer a bit. Check your oil more often also. A plus is now it will be even faster off the line. You are also correct, my speedo reads 10 mph over, but I guess that will keep you from speeding.
Joel Buddy 125

Post by Joel Buddy 125 »

I think I'll just use them. I usually never ride faster than 45 for any length of time (that's what my PCX 150 is for) so i don't think rpm's will be a big issue. I'll just need to get my GPS on there to let me know how fast i need to be going on the speedo to actually hit 45.

On a side note one "benefit" was that the Michelin S1's i put on there were $26 a piece vs $42 a piece for the 100/90-10's.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

I use a 90/90-10 on the front of my Buddy to drop the front in order to compliment the NCY forks for highway riding. You'll be fine.