Buddy 125 WON'T START..... Help PLZ

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Austjones

Buddy 125 WON'T START..... Help PLZ

Post by Austjones »

2012 buddy 125 I have added new Spark plug, and I took it out and grounded it and it does spark! I took out carb and cleaned it all out. I unscrewed the screw on bottom of carb and gas dripped out. There is oil in it. Battery is okay, and sounds like it is trying to start, it just wont. It sounds like it is trying to turn over but just never does. So I don't think its the starter. And same result with Kick Start.

I tried starter fluid on the air filter and still wont start. I even bypassed the carb and did it right into the manifold and still not starting. But there is a spark and gas in the carb, well at leat the bottom of the carb. Any recommendations?

Any Help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks
Attachments
Full Body
Full Body
IMG_0610.JPG (119 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Right Side
Right Side
IMG_0607.JPG (125.18 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Left Side
Left Side
IMG_0606.JPG (114.87 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Left Side
Left Side
IMG_0600.JPG (134.56 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Top View
Top View
IMG_0599.JPG (137.14 KiB) Viewed 835 times
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

How good is the spark?

How was it running before it stopped running? For instance has it died while coming to a stop, hard to start, have you had to adjust anything recently? Also, how many miles. How long since it last ran?

It could be the stator. When the one part goes bad it can still spark but it will be a weak spark, not enough to start the engine.

Or maybe the piston is done.
CarbonBeach

Post by CarbonBeach »

Here is the non-scientific, low grade amature reply(although my method did provide results for me).
While cranking the electric starter, I sprayed carb cleaner on and around the carb, manifold vacuum lines. It would start for a short burst. My problem turned out to be a loose bolt on the manifold and the vacuum line to the fuel petcock. She runs perfect now.

Although I did not check spark before I did this and if your spark is strong, I can't think of a reason, other than valves or piston that it wouldn't start for at least a moment with starter fluid directly into the intake.
paracer

Post by paracer »

Did this issue just start suddenly, or have there been symptoms leading up to a complete shutdown?

Any other recent work on the bike?
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Compression test!

If it has spark but won't pop off with starter fluid or carb cleaner you generally have bigger problems.
scooterwrench

Post by scooterwrench »

First post...
How many miles? It may be time for a valve adjustment. Was it starting slowly, and seemingly down-on-power prior to no start?