Genuine needs to do this---

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootERIK

Genuine needs to do this---

Post by scootERIK »

Genuine should have mileage patches like the H.O.G. does. The patches could say something like " x,000 Genuine Miles." Mileage wouldn't have to be on just one scooter, as long as the miles are done on a Genuine brand scooter they would count. Dealers could verify the miles ridden and give out the patches.

Like this-
SlickRick

Post by SlickRick »

That would be cool.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I think that's something Phil would have liked.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ModernVespa was doing something like this, left up to the riders to be honest.

I've had too many speed cables out, broken gauge clusters, etc. in various scooters to even keep track of their mileage. (None of these Genuines, BTW!)

How does HOG do it? What's HOG?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

ericalm wrote:How does HOG do it? What's HOG?
Harley Owners Group. I believe that mileage needs to be verified by an H-D dealer or local Chapter of HOG.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

The beauty of the Buddy 125 is the millage is analog, and anyone can look at the dash to see it. I like the look on peoples face when they see the Buddy 125 at work and notice the 41.xxx! My SYM has digital so no one knows that I'm trying to catch up at 34,xxx. Wifes Buddy 125 is coming up on 10,000 and people look twice only because it still looks brand new. But this patch and/or pin idea is a great idea, but Im personally to lazy to do either idea. I have a Scoot Tours pin from my Helix days that is my favorite (along with my Battle Star Galatica Viper squad pin) on my riding jacket, and Im always looking for more cool pins. Any takers on making this happen?
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

With a 10% odo error I don't need to ride near as far as some people do. :D
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

ericalm wrote:ModernVespa was doing something like this, left up to the riders to be honest.

I've had too many speed cables out, broken gauge clusters, etc. in various scooters to even keep track of their mileage. (None of these Genuines, BTW!)

How does HOG do it? What's HOG?
The HOG Mileage Program - http://www.hog717.com/form_mileage.pdf

The one bad thing is that you have to enroll BEFORE you put the miles on for them to count. If Genuine did something like this it would be nice if they could grandfather in current owners if they bought new or used owners if they show the title/registration with the number of miles on the scooter when purchased.