Low down shock install

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ModernMike

Low down shock install

Post by ModernMike »

So, I ordered the low down shock to minimize sitting higher. Unfortunately, the shock came with NO instructions for adjustment. My understanding is that it will adjust from the normal height down an inch or so. There are three rings for adjustment. 2 rings appear to be spring load. The third, I'm assuming, is height, but when I turn the ring nothing seams to change.

Any advice or reference?
2014 Buddy 170i (2) One for GF
2012 BMW R1200RT
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

The two rings are ride height and the dial is to adjust the stiffness of the damper. Right on the dial makes it stiffer.

EDIT- I was thinking of the adjustable shock. On that one you loosen the bottom ring and thread the bottom of the shock in or out to adjust ride height. Remember to tighten the ring back.
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

avescoots1134 wrote:The two rings are ride height and the dial is to adjust the stiffness of the damper. Right on the dial makes it stiffer.

EDIT- I was thinking of the adjustable shock. On that one you loosen the bottom ring and thread the bottom of the shock in or out to adjust ride height. Remember to tighten the ring back.
Thanks! :D Should I have the shock installed on the scoot to adjust the height, or can I adjust the height off the scoot?
2012 BMW R1200RT
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

Okay. I feel stupid now. :oops: I watched a YouTube video on adjustable shocks last night. This morning I used the shaft of a Phillips head screw driver through the lower clevis and the accompanying wrench to break loose the two height adjustable rings. They were very tight. Once that was accomplished the rest was easy peasy. :D
2012 BMW R1200RT