My original battery is supposed to be toast by now right? 09

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GrFa

My original battery is supposed to be toast by now right? 09

Post by GrFa »

Well I can't believe it. I hooked up the battery tender the first time since last spring to see if the battery would juice up and it did! I didn't ride much at all last summer. It still had enough juice to almost kick over. Unbelieveable compared to what I have always seen on here. I thought it would need to be replaced years ago. Its an 09 150 that I have owned the past four years and its only been kept inside about 6 months in that time. Only about 1900 miles on it.

So do they fail horribly all of a sudden or have I just gotten lucky?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Well, they can certainly "fail horribly all of a sudden" if they short out across the internal plates, but it is more typical for a battery to gradually lose capacity until it is no longer useful for its intended job.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

My 2009 Sportcity with over 10k miles still has the original battery with no problems.

08 Buddy with just over 6k miles is on its 3rd battery. To be fair, I was a bit cheap when I bought the 2nd one.
GrFa

Post by GrFa »

I guess I'll keep charging it until it just won't take a charge anymore. I still am in a bit of disbelief. I have been excited to do the de-plus mod and fit a larger battery for years now. Looks like it will be at least another year or two.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

My 2007 Buddy is on it's third battery but my 2007 Vespa GTS 250 still has the original and it still shows plenty of power on the load tester. I always leave them on a tender when not riding.
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!