Winterizing: how much Seafoam?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stormswift

Winterizing: how much Seafoam?

Post by Stormswift »

One of these days I will write it down. But how much to add to buddy 150 tank?please?
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I have read on several forums to add 1 oz per gallon; personally I use Starbrite StarTron at the 'initial treatment' dose which is twice the amount of the 'maintenance dose'; I reserve using Seafoam for fuel system cleanin purposes during the riding season (usually 3/4 oz per gallon)
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I always add about a "shot glass" of it to my 1.3-1.6 gal tanks and run it to clean out the system.

They say to put Sta-bil in for the winter, but I never have.

I do fill up the tank to keep down condensation, but then I run my scooter weekly in the winter.

This will be the first year I use a Tender Jr. and only because I have no kick starter if I get in a jam.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I've used Seafoam since I bought my scooter in 2010 every time I winterized. I read up the lable finaly. It said 2 oz per galon. Had to covert liters to galons. Ended ip with approxinately 45 oz of Seafoam. I think I used to put less in, but we'll see.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Unless you have a 22.5 gallon accessory touring tank, that sounds a wee but high. 45 oz is several cans of SF.

Give your Buddy 2-4 oz, ride it a bit to make sure some gets down to the carb, and all will be well.

Last year, I gave it a Sta-Bil/SeaFoam cocktail.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

45 oz is WAY too much for a 1.6 gal tank! :(
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
TVB

Post by TVB »

Stormswift wrote:I've used Seafoam since I bought my scooter in 2010 every time I winterized. I read up the lable finaly. It said 2 oz per galon. Had to covert liters to galons. Ended ip with approxinately 45 oz of Seafoam. I think I used to put less in, but we'll see.
Wait, what are you converting? The Buddy has a 1-gallon (or so) tank, so 2 ounces (or so) or would be enough. Did you mean to type "4.5 oz" ... which would be in the ballpark?