Painting/Coating/Wrapping a prima exhaust Black?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CountChocula

Painting/Coating/Wrapping a prima exhaust Black?

Post by CountChocula »

So I've got a Psycho with the Prima pipe. Good looking pipe and nowhere near as loud as some of my other scoot's exhausts. Sounds good and not raspy.

Saw a few posts about people wanting to get rid of the chrome look of the stainless steel.

Couldn't really find any results much less long term.

Not horrible looking but the going stands out like a sore thumb on the all black and matte black Psycho.

Ive got a Ceramic black coating on a Leo Vince pipe on one of my Aprilia SR50s, and a BBQ black rattle can coating on a modified Honda Metro pipe which looks fine also.

Was also thinking of maybe an exhaust wrap in black but not crazy about wrapping the whole can other than the headers.

Just wondering if anyone has any results of painting the polished stainless and how it sticks.

Trying to do it myself rather than spending a ton on ceramic coating it!

Thanks
The Count
skipper20

Re: Painting/Coating/Wrapping a prima exhaust Black?

Post by skipper20 »

CountChocula wrote:So I've got a Psycho with the Prima pipe. Good looking pipe and nowhere near as loud as some of my other scoot's exhausts. Sounds good and not raspy.

Saw a few posts about people wanting to get rid of the chrome look of the stainless steel.

Couldn't really find any results much less long term.

Not horrible looking but the going stands out like a sore thumb on the all black and matte black Psycho.

Ive got a Ceramic black coating on a Leo Vince pipe on one of my Aprilia SR50s, and a BBQ black rattle can coating on a modified Honda Metro pipe which looks fine also.

Was also thinking of maybe an exhaust wrap in black but not crazy about wrapping the whole can other than the headers.

Just wondering if anyone has any results of painting the polished stainless and how it sticks.

Trying to do it myself rather than spending a ton on ceramic coating it!

Thanks
The Count
So then you've got black on black. What's wrong with the existing chrome/stainless steel pipe finish? For me, it makes for a nice contrast.

Bill in Seattle
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia :roll:
CountChocula

Post by CountChocula »

On the Blackjack it doesn't look bad because it ties in with the chrome trim. On the Psycho, I would rather have the all-black stealth look.
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

We have the same set up with a 2014 matt black (blacked out) 170.
Switched to the Prima pipe and it is the only thing that is stainless silver yet we just look at it as an accent part.
Post pictures if you do this - would like to see the look.