tried to get a stebel horn installed on my Hooligan

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sailboat13

tried to get a stebel horn installed on my Hooligan

Post by Sailboat13 »

Dealer had a spare stebel horn and I asked the mechanic it there was room to install it. He said no due to lack of space. I have a 150 down in Fl. and this Hooli here in Oh. The Hooli horn is pretty much a joke. Maybe could mount the stebel on the outside someplace. :cry:
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Aw, that sucks! There's barely enough room to cram a Stebel into a Buddy, but my friend thegodlikehobo did it, and oh does it make people pay attention, haha.
CountChocula

Post by CountChocula »

A lot of work but you can take apart the Nautilus and separate the compressor to make it easier to mount in two pieces.

From another forum http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... -pictures)
C2

Post by C2 »

CountChocula wrote:A lot of work but you can take apart the Nautilus and separate the compressor to make it easier to mount in two pieces.

From another forum http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... -pictures)
I'm not sure how much space you have on a Hooligan, but here is how I took the horn apart and squeezed it into my Buddy 125:

viewtopic.php?t=27240
KrispyKreme

Re: tried to get a stebel horn installed on my Hooligan

Post by KrispyKreme »

Sailboat13 wrote:Dealer had a spare stebel horn and I asked the mechanic it there was room to install it. He said no due to lack of space. I have a 150 down in Fl. and this Hooli here in Oh. The Hooli horn is pretty much a joke. Maybe could mount the stebel on the outside someplace. :cry:
Mount in on your head.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I have the Stebel on my buddy but I prefer the harbor freight 2 horn set I literally zip tied under the spare tire of the Stella. The harbor freight unit takes less power to operate. The harbor freight horn set cost me $12 after my 25% off coupon
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Sailboat13

Thanks

Post by Sailboat13 »

I most likely will
just learn to live with what I have. I'm not good with doing the stuff depicted in the "How to's"