Problem with starting my buddy today, pretty funny

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

zuki

Problem with starting my buddy today, pretty funny

Post by zuki »

So I decided to get my buddy 125 out for a ride today. I went out to the garage and the scooter started right up so I turned it off , I checked the tire pressure made sure everything look good for a ride. I then pushed it out if the garage and got my jacket on gloves and helmet on went to start the scooter and it wouldn't run tried several times still wouldn't run unless the throttle was wide open then it would just barley run. So I decided to check the spark plug looked fine, cleaned it off and put it back still same thing so I put another plug in it same thing. I drained the gas out and put fresh still same thing, any ways an hour later I though I would take the air filter off to see if I could maybe get more air into the carb. Took the air filter off and to my surprise there was probably 50 or so acorns in there, they were packed in the tube from the air filter to the carb. After getting the shop vac out and cleaning them all out the scooter fired right up ran great lol. I had seen a mouse in my garage Friday so I put a trap out there, I check it after I had messed with the scooter and I had caught one, hopefully that was the culprit. Guess it was my fault in a way I got a sling shot a few months back and found a bunch of acorns and put them in a walmart bag in the garage, they are pretty fun to shoot out of the sling shot, so I checked my bag and it was almost empty, guess I won't do that again lol

theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

That's hilarious
haha

Great photo too
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Thanks, Zuki. That got a great laugh out of me. We have squirrels all over the place here but my cat, Mufasa, has the run of the garage/shop.part of the house. Have not seen even a mouse since he took over. :wink: :wink:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
zuki

Post by zuki »

Wolfhound wrote:Thanks, Zuki. That got a great laugh out of me. We have squirrels all over the place here but my cat, Mufasa, has the run of the garage/shop.part of the house. Have not seen even a mouse since he took over. :wink: :wink:
I was so mad couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, as soon as I opened the air box I had to laugh,I knew that had to be the problem. That little mouse had to have spent a long time doing that as the acorns had the shell still on them in the bag. Still not real sure how it got them in there hoping there aren't any more stashed.
Syd

Post by Syd »

How did the little devil get past the filter anyway? Maybe you should check the intake manifold/hose.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

This is why General Anthony McAuliffe should never be allowed to work on your scooter. He just doesn't understand how de-restriction works. :lol:

I'd be impressed if any got past the carburetor. Between the slide and the fuel needle, that should have been a show-stopper.

The teachable moment here is: keep your slingshot ammo in Tupperware!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

That was a funny way to start off my morning!
zuki

Post by zuki »

az_slynch wrote:
The teachable moment here is: keep your slingshot ammo in Tupperware!

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
CountChocula

Post by CountChocula »

Best thing I've read all day!

Seriously still laughing.

Acorns!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Aw, nuts.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

good thing the mouse didnt just start on them.
could have inhaled the mouse.